M&S Food

Had a £60 voucher so went last night for most of the Christmas stuff except the turkey and gammon.

Only come to about £42 which I didn't think was too bad tbf.

To be fair £50 doesn’t go far in Aldi or Lidl either now unless you’re spending it somewhere on processed and packaged shite
I bought a posh pork pie from Lidl this week for boxing day. Pear chutney & stilton or some such fancy shite. Me arse nearly dropped out when I got to the till and seen it was £9.99. Still got it mind but wasn't expecting that.

No bother shopping at Markys most of the year.
I haven’t bought any Christmas Day Food there or at any of supermarkets.
Bought at Penshaw Farm Shop and McMurchies. Local businesses

It’s great quality though. Can notice the difference with them and Waitrose
Have to agree with this. Just for example, If I buy a carton of grapes in Marksies and keep in fridge they will last 2 weeks. Bought from Aldi or Lidle, keep in the fridge 4 days at most.

Prepared salad from lid or aldi wilted after a few days. False economy and wasteful if you ask me.

Have to agree with this. Just for example, If I buy a carton of grapes in Marksies and keep in fridge they will last 2 weeks. Bought from Aldi or Lidle, keep in the fridge 4 days at most.

Prepared salad from lid or aldi wilted after a few days. False economy and wasteful if you ask me.
Couldn’t agree more. Tried Aldi, Lidl and the fresh stuff just doesn’t last.

Buy from marksies On a Sunday and the fruit lasts all week.

It’s false economy, I’d have to go up again on a Wednesday to see the week out. My time, petrol, the cost of the fruit again would mean I’m out of pocket

Back