Lyle Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but they'd have to pay him in full no mater how shite he was or how bad his attitude would be. 2 sides to a contract. He should give any salary back to the club for the period he doesn't wish to play. Only fair.

They'd pay him until the 30th June when his contract runs out. I guess you could argue that he should play the games between 20th June and 30th June, but then if he's leaving, I can't imagine Charlton want to play him - it would be more beneficial for them to get someone else up to fitness who is going to play all of the run in.

They have the option to fine him 2 weeks wages. I’m not sure if he’s training, so he could still be ‘doing’ his job until the season restarts.
If he wont' play he's not doing his job and charlton could sue, however I don't think they could afford it. They're likely one of those clubs on the brink as we speak.
They'd pay him until the 30th June when his contract runs out. I guess you could argue that he should play the games between 20th June and 30th June, but then if he's leaving, I can't imagine Charlton want to play him - it would be more beneficial for them to get someone else up to fitness who is going to play all of the run in.
Clubs pay into July even though contracts run out in June. He's also been paid for nowt the last few months and we didn't hear from him then did we?

Last edited:
I take it he’s sitting at home in bubble wrap till he signs a contract elsewhere then

True, but they'd have to pay him in full no mater how shite he was or how bad his attitude would be. 2 sides to a contract. He should give any salary back to the club for the period he doesn't wish to play. Only fair.

Are there any games within his contract period that he would miss?

He says in the article he doesn’t want to extend it for the month it would take to complete the games.

If he wont' play he's not doing his job and charlton could sue, however I don't think they could afford it. They're likely one of those clubs on the brink as we speak.

Clubs pay into July even though contracts run out in June. He's also been paid for nowt the last few months and we didn't hear from him then did we?

He was being paid for being under contract. There's ups and downs for both sides in that. He's now making it clear that he doesn't want to extend. Really don't see the big issue other than people having the "self entitled footballer" opinion.

He was being paid for being under contract. There's ups and downs for both sides in that. He's now making it clear that he doesn't want to extend. Really don't see the big issue other than people having the "self entitled footballer" opinion.
Not extending isn't the problem he won't play any games even the ones that fall under his contract. He could say he'd play until his contract expires and not extend and no one could really argue but he's just being a selfish prick

As his contract expires at the end of June, it probably means him missing only one game before he leaves. If it was the 8 or so matches left he was backing out of, it'd be shithousery, but I can understand him not wanting to riak 90 minutes for possibly the last football contract he gets offered.

It's about give and take. I work in a sector where work is more a vocation and that's certainly not the case on football. Dog eat dog and greed is good culture doesn't make it easy to like footballers at times.

Charlton had a big money offer in January which was turned down , the thinking being his goals in the remainder of the season could keep us up and would be worth losing the fee. He has missed 14 weeks injured this season having been injured playing for Monserat. He was paid all this time and now downs tools. He has let his team mates down and the club. Some of his team mates contracts are also up and they are playing for their futures. If the club is relegated some of those players will be released or have their terms reduced. There are 3 matches scheduled for June which he is under contract for , he should honour it. He's just thinking of number one

Worried playing the remaining games could lead to injury an scupper a big move. Not coronavirus fears due the BAME community being more at risk.

Very poor behaviour that, as his goals give Charlton their best chance of staying up.

Clubs should avoid that attitude like the plague.

Sickening attitude and surely he can't get away with that? What's the difference between saying that now or the end of last season!? Players could just say that around April every season from now on. "Oh I don't fancy playing our last 6 games incase I get injured and can't get a transfer in the summer"

Bollocks. Worlds going mad

Tricky one, he’s been paid for the season but not going to complete it but that’s not his fault. Can sort of understand the big pay day but would you not want to give something back to the club who’ve in essence put you in the so called window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back