Luton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get it. Had a great day as a visiting senior who has watched Luton home and away since mid 50s. Your fans great in the pubs, Colliers Tavern, Victory etc, really enjoyed proper knowledgeable football chat with them, and helpful with local advice.
Saw us beat you 8-2, but your away support was fantastic then even with the poor transport then. Yet yesterday, Luton were singing about your fans leaving the ground en masse after 80 mins when it was 1-1 and we were down to 10. Why do so many leave so early?
It’s 2019 mate. This is how it is now apparently.

Don’t get it. Had a great day as a visiting senior who has watched Luton home and away since mid 50s. Your fans great in the pubs, Colliers Tavern, Victory etc, really enjoyed proper knowledgeable football chat with them, and helpful with local advice.
Saw us beat you 8-2, but your away support was fantastic then even with the poor transport then. Yet yesterday, Luton were singing about your fans leaving the ground en masse after 80 mins when it was 1-1 and we were down to 10. Why do so many leave so early?

Doesn’t happen at Luton as only 8 people turn up to watch you.

Sorry all - I am not from Newcastle. Yes I am 72 and have supported Luton since I was a lad, home and away. Even attended 59 Cup Final
, and remember everyone being so pleased for Bob Stokoe a few years later when you beat Leeds.
My post was meant to be constructive- wife and self had a great day out, never having been to SoL. Did say how much we enjoyed your fans chat pre-match, even away end stewarding was superb. Was a genuine question/observation as watching on TV everyone notices how your fans always do leave so early unless well ahead. But never mind I guessed being told “fuck off” says all I need to know as I think of Sunderland in the future. Bye.

It's what they do in here to new members.
Great set of supporters yesterday. You enjoyed yesterday meeting people etc but get upset on here. Aye righto
Put ya dummy back in

Happens at every sport, not just football. Watch any NFL or NHL and you'll see loads have left regardless of the impending result, unless it's a final etc. No idea why it happens. If you ask anyone they just tell you it's none of your business. I'd guess 1in every 10k has a valid reason

were they?

Sorry all - I am not from Newcastle. Yes I am 72 and have supported Luton since I was a lad, home and away. Even attended 59 Cup Final
, and remember everyone being so pleased for Bob Stokoe a few years later when you beat Leeds.
My post was meant to be constructive- wife and self had a great day out, never having been to SoL. Did say how much we enjoyed your fans chat pre-match, even away end stewarding was superb. Was a genuine question/observation as watching on TV everyone notices how your fans always do leave so early unless well ahead. But never mind I guessed being told “fuck off” says all I need to know as I think of Sunderland in the future. Bye.
Pleased u enjoyed your day, many reasons why people leave:- 1. Watch last few minutes down stairs. 2. It’s f***ing freezing 3 work commitments 4 booze commitments 5 it takes ages to get out 6 don’t want to be stuck in traffic. I personally may look as I’m leaving but I move to a seat further down for a quick getaway and straight to pub

Bit sensitive marra.
One 'fuck off' with just joking after...
BTW, fuck off is a term of endearment on here for new posters for some reason. But I agree about the fans leaving early. f***ing boggles me like

Yet you entitled your post Fire Drill, you know exactly what you were doing and then act all wounded when a handful of people tell you to fuck off, at 72 years old maybe you need to grow up a bit

Pleased u enjoyed your day, many reasons why people leave:- 1. Watch last few minutes down stairs. 2. It’s f***ing freezing 3 work commitments 4 booze commitments 5 it takes ages to get out 6 don’t want to be stuck in traffic. I personally may look as I’m leaving but I move to a seat further down for a quick getaway and straight to pub

Who the fuck works on a Saturday night?

You'd think at that age, you'd have learned to grow up.

Apparently not

Crept into football over the years, large crowds and people scared of getting home 20 mins later. I never go early fwiw, but if that's what is important to some let them get on with it. It does piss me off that it gets suggested only SAFC do this though, a lot of PL clubs with big turnouts have the same thing happen every home game.

If as suggested you are a Mag I honestly hope your next shit is as dry as chalk and you piss a kidney stone next week since I gave an honest answer and not a fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back