Lumiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where is classed as the peninsula?

I've just tried to get tickets but all gone. Need tickets for peninsula area from 4.30 to 7.30

They put barriers across Saddler Street at the Market Place. Anywhere past there is classed as the peninsula, so the Cathedral, Palace Green, the castle plus North and South Bailey streets.

Yeh, they are. But after 3 times, its a bit "samey" now. Suppose that's partially the problem.

Don't think they're doing that this year, they're doing something that's activated by the Cathedral bell ringers.

My advice is to get a map/ plan and work your way around as much of the stuff off the peninsula as you can, and then go on the peninsula later - it's on until 11.30pm.

It's not shitter than when it started it's just much more spread out now as part of the deal to control the crowds that got out of hand six years ago.

Last time I went to all four nights and was still seeing stuff on the last night that I hadn't seen before. There's even stuff way up at the Botanical Gardens this year.

They put barriers across Saddler Street at the Market Place. Anywhere past there is classed as the peninsula, so the Cathedral, Palace Green, the castle plus North and South Bailey streets.
So could you not even go up to varsity (or library) after 4 for a drink?

Think I'll be out of the fat hippo at 3.30ish and normally have a couple up there.

So could you not even go up to varsity (or library) after 4 for a drink?

I'm not sure. I know the uni students who live in the colleges around there have had to apply for passes to get through.

Whats the crack with tickets and parking and shit?

Few tickets left that you can reserve online. See Durham County Council website.
Advised to use the park and ride or public transport. Waiting for a friend to tell me if St Leonards are doing parking on the school yard for a charity donation.
Public toilets in the Cathedral, Palace Green and Prince Bishops car park.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure. I know the uni students who live in the colleges around there have had to apply for passes to get through.

Few tickets left that you can reserve online. See Durham County Council website.
Advised to use the park and ride or public transport. Waiting for a friend to tell me if St Leonards are doing parking on the school yard for a charity donation.
Public toilets in the Cathedral, Palace Green and Prince Bishops car park.
Thank you Becs.

Don't think they're doing that this year, they're doing something that's activated by the Cathedral bell ringers.

My advice is to get a map/ plan and work your way around as much of the stuff off the peninsula as you can, and then go on the peninsula later - it's on until 11.30pm.

It's not shitter than when it started it's just much more spread out now as part of the deal to control the crowds that got out of hand six years ago.

Last time I went to all four nights and was still seeing stuff on the last night that I hadn't seen before. There's even stuff way up at the Botanical Gardens this year.

Too spread out imo. No way I can be arsed going to places that aren't even almost in the city centre.

I've just tried to get tickets but all gone. Need tickets for peninsula area from 4.30 to 7.30
You just go up to the barrier, and tell them you have a retaurant reservation (any restaurant within the barriered off area) and they have to let you in. The barrier/ticket attendants are told they have to let you in!!

Good plan

The pubs are going to be packed like not looking forward to finding somewhere to have a few after dinner.

aye, i hadn't really thought it out that much till reading here that everyone will be doing the same all day long like. i've got work early friday so not stopping in durham too long but it's going to be a right fuck on isn't it?

Looking forward to finding somewhere decent to eat after

Sunderland folk starving left right and centre :neutral:

Last edited:
Aye, I'll be leaving about 7. Might even go to the pub next to the prison if it's too busy around the centre and claypath.

Itll be my birthday aswell so I'll need a few drinks before going home:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back