Lumiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christmas lights are for bairns

It's art not Christmas lights ;)

Couldn't get a ticket this year. Will it be like last year where as long as you are in the shop/cathedral area before 7 you can just stay in there and mooch around the lights? Was class like, the music and light show on the Cathedral was spectacular.

It's ticked entry only between 4.30-7.30pm on the Cathedral penisula. I don't think they'll kick you off if you're already on there before 4.30pm.

We're going to do the other stuff first and then go to that bit after 7.30pm.

Suppose the question you're asking is "is there any point to art". Of course there is, even if I don't like 99% of it.
i'll re-phrase... is the effort it will take to go, the traffic, the parking, the cold, the tourists... worth it for the "art". ie has its popularity made it too big for durham (per se).

Last time was a bit of a disappointment so hopefully it's back to form this year. The fire tornado thing looks canny.

It's class, 10's if not 100's of thousands of visitors, many from outside the region. Almost guaranteed to drum up some return visits.

aye table booked at Bells chippy for tea beforehand with oldest Daughter, Grandsons and SIL I think. Meeting other Daughter and SIL after bait for the show as they are going out afterwards. Was canny 2 years ago and hoping it stays dry for folk again this year

I've booked a table for Fat hippo. Will come out of there about 4 as it's getting dark.

Do they close off the cathedral area at a certain time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back