Lumiere.

Going to Miller & Carter on Thursday night and then off on Friday so will be heading to Durham for about 4pm. The first one was much better than the last one so here is hoping they go back to the original launch.

I really hope there's a few really impressive displays this year. I don't think they've beaten the snowglobe and the rainbow.
The men climbing the wall on North Road was good, and the elephant was ok, but there's not been that many really outstanding pieces since.

Couldn't get a ticket this year. Will it be like last year where as long as you are in the shop/cathedral area before 7 you can just stay in there and mooch around the lights? Was class like, the music and light show on the Cathedral was spectacular.

We've booked a night in the Premier Inn down by the river for the Sunday night for just £42 so we can make a full day of it and not have to worry about bus\taxi queues or traffic jams to get home. Out for a meal and several drinks too. It costs me £36 in return taxi fares for a night in Durham as it is so its a no brainer to stay over. I've stayed there for £29 in the past too. Mind you, I once stayed at the Travelodge in Durham for just £9 on a New Years Eve - that was a canny night anarl.

Back