Lowest point in our history

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm beginning to agree with Clough's philosophy on recruitment

The money we did actually spend has been pissed away on Wyke, Grigg, Dobson and Power.
Most of the frees and o/c players have been mediocre at best.
Horrendous recruitment down to poor choice of people to lead it/head it up. And then there's the Academy....................pass me a f***ing luger.

That money wasted could set the club back 5 years. Had to bounce back to Championsip quickly otherwise league 1 becomes normal.

That for me today is the lowest point in our history. An FA cup game at home watched by under 8,000 people, another desperate performance , two wins in seven for our new manager and a goalkeeper who had to act as a ball boy. And people think Donald is doing a good job?? We are turning into Eastleigh at an alarming speed. The rot in league 1 has now set in and we now look like a mid table league 1 team and I wouldn’t rule out it getting worse and us getting dragged down into the lower end of the table. Where’s the f***ing owner? He’s gone from podcasts and drinking with fans every week to cancelling talk ins and going into hiding. It’s time he faced the music. Get us out of this mess in Jan or get out of the club. And to think some people are still taken in by Charlie Methven trying to put a positive spin on everything. Things are terrible from top to bottom at the club. There is no dressing it up.
100%
We know who really owns the club

if it was debt free then give it to the people of Sunderland. Instead, just give it for free to your puppets.

They current and last owner have a lot to answer for!

That for me today is the lowest point in our history. An FA cup game at home watched by under 8,000 people, another desperate performance , two wins in seven for our new manager and a goalkeeper who had to act as a ball boy. And people think Donald is doing a good job?? We are turning into Eastleigh at an alarming speed. The rot in league 1 has now set in and we now look like a mid table league 1 team and I wouldn’t rule out it getting worse and us getting dragged down into the lower end of the table. Where’s the f***ing owner? He’s gone from podcasts and drinking with fans every week to cancelling talk ins and going into hiding. It’s time he faced the music. Get us out of this mess in Jan or get out of the club. And to think some people are still taken in by Charlie Methven trying to put a positive spin on everything. Things are terrible from top to bottom at the club. There is no dressing it up.
Mate if we get through replay and draw Eastleigh in next round ....what could go wrong !

I’ve just posted similar in the other things can only get better post. Methven mentioned during the week him and Donald can’t compete if we get promoted in Championship. says it all. Haven’t got a pot to piss in. Chancers that took the club and thought promotion was easy and now stuck and haven’t a clue what to do.

Then they need to get the fuck out of the club straight away before they get lynched.

The appointment of Parkinson summed it up for me. Nothing against the bloke but that really set it in that we're just a League One club hoping to get promotion. Rather than a higher division club trying to get back up.

I had a lot of sympathy for Donald and co in the first year, but the second has been an abject failure across the board. Dire.
He's no better than Ross, so why give him a job.

At this stage I bet they would love too but they need to get their £40m back. The bluff completely backfired.

They remind me of that scene in Only Fools and Horses when they were fixing the Chandelier. Taking a job on they were not qualified to do, the Chandelier could come crashing to the floor soon and they will have to run to the Robin Reliant and get off the property before a riot.

He's no better than Ross, so why give him a job.
Basically where I stand. Getting rid of Ross presented a great chance to make an appointment that would galvanise the place and the opportunity to appoint someone who could grow with us as we, in theory, rise up the leagues.

Instead we got a decent bloke with a relatively decent record in this division who has done decent jobs in tough situations before. However even if he did get us promoted he wouldn't be the man to manage us in the Championship anyway.

We may as well have kept Ross and I'm 99% sure if we did we'd be in a better position than we are now because although the football was shite, we rarely lost.

I really really hope I'm wrong but it's hard to imagine Stewart Donald and the board messing up this appointment more. Of all the mooted appointments Parkinson was by far the least inspiring and we deserve to fail this season.

I certainly think it ranks as a low points in the history of the FA Cup when owners of a League One club deciding it’s not worth bothering with.

The attendance was dreadful but I know a few season ticket holders who didn’t go because it was a faff to get tickets.

It was an invitation to find something better to do with a Saturday afternoon which many took. I don’t blame them.

Hearts and Hibs hammered teams with no managers today so nobody in the dug out starting whenever we play again and take it from there.

At this stage I bet they would love too but they need to get their £40m back. The bluff completely backfired.

They remind me of that scene in Only Fools and Horses when they were fixing the Chandelier. Taking a job on they were not qualified to do, the Chandelier could come crashing to the floor soon and they will have to run to the Robin Reliant and get off the property before a riot.

You mean ‘our’ £40m 😂🤣😅😆

Once a season ticket holder of 20+ years, I now ‘follow’ match day via bbc sport app goal alerts whilst out and about. Nice when we win, doesn’t bother me any more when we don’t. The club is pretty much dead to me now

40 million?
The red/white tape nearly tripped him at 11 seconds!

I saw that earlier. Isn't even capable of jumping a shin high bit of tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back