Lower league players that never kicked on....?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Rob Earnshaw always had a fairly good scoring record but don't remember him being in the PL except 1 season at West Brom.

Had loads of pace and was a good finisher, always looked a threat.

I remember him at Forest around 2010 then he disappeared. He's only 40 now, so must have retired early?

Name players that have spent all their career outside the top flight who you thought had unfulfilled potential

My 2

Zach clough... Remember him being excellent at Bolton... So much so Notts forest paid 3 million for him. Neil lennon called him a special talent.... Now finds himself released by a league one side in his mid 20s

Daniel Bentley ,he hasn't had a bad career, he has been well liked by the fans of whatever club he has played for and has just been named Bristol city's player of the season But I just think at 27 he should have had international caps or at least played in the top flight. He's done neither.
Scott Loach

Was the next big thing when he started out with Watford in the Championship

Dan Burn, was to be the next big English centre back when he broke through at Fulham but has never kicked on. Strangely at Brighton now but was out on load last season.

Name players that have spent all their career outside the top flight who you thought had unfulfilled potential

My 2

Zach clough... Remember him being excellent at Bolton... So much so Notts forest paid 3 million for him. Neil lennon called him a special talent.... Now finds himself released by a league one side in his mid 20s

Daniel Bentley ,he hasn't had a bad career, he has been well liked by the fans of whatever club he has played for and has just been named Bristol city's player of the season But I just think at 27 he should have had international caps or at least played in the top flight. He's done neither.

will grigg

Duncan Watmore had all the potential. I know he suffered serious injuries but he didn’t get anywhere near where he should have

i think you sum it up well. not sure he ever played more than a few games back to back without getting injured. remembering it being a really big thing the first time he had two or three starts in a row and he was really looking good. just never went right for him, it was a shame

Rob Earnshaw always had a fairly good scoring record but don't remember him being in the PL except 1 season at West Brom.

Had loads of pace and was a good finisher, always looked a threat.

I remember him at Forest around 2010 then he disappeared. He's only 40 now, so must have retired early?
Only player to score a hat trick in all 4 league divisions and for his country. 60 odd games in the premier league, 1 in 5 record, probably tarnished because he played for Derby in that season.

Dan Burn, was to be the next big English centre back when he broke through at Fulham but has never kicked on. Strangely at Brighton now but was out on load last season.
Think you’ve got him mixed up with someone he played 27 times in the PL for Brighton last season, from up here too

Back