Losing a stone and a half

xmfd

Winger
realistically, is this doable in time for Summer?

when I was 23 I worked a physical job and trained boxing 3 times a week, weighed just over 12 stone. now I'm 26, have a more sedentary lifestyle, probably drink more, and weigh 13 stone 7.

Gettin married in the summer and want to try and get back into shape but I'm not even sure if it's possible at this point. Will need to cut out beer for a start id imagine, and start watching my diet closely while exercising almost every day. I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Any advice?

when I was 23 I worked a physical job and trained boxing 3 times a week, weighed just over 12 stone. now I'm 26, have a more sedentary lifestyle, probably drink more, and weigh 13 stone 7.

Gettin married in the summer and want to try and get back into shape but I'm not even sure if it's possible at this point. Will need to cut out beer for a start id imagine, and start watching my diet closely while exercising almost every day. I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Any advice?
try shagging, more chance now than after you are married:lol:;)

try shagging, more chance now than after you are married:lol:;)

I'll suggest that next time she mentions my weight.

I'm not even 'fat' really, just like, bigger all over... don't know if it's physically possible to get back to my 23 year old physique. Does this make sense or am I just making excuses? If I can get down to under 13 stone and keep the muscle I'll be happy Tbh

don't know if it's physically possible to get back to my 23 year old physique.

At age 26 I think its easily do-able, but you'll have to make the effort. At 41 I got back to the weight I was last at when I was in my mid 20's just from doing the right things and stepping up the exercise. Its up to you though if you are willing to make the sacrifices.

Even just walking for 45-60 minutes a day would be a start as well as checking your calories suspect its the beer will take you over a bit over the course of a week especially if you get the munchies after as session can easily end up being 1,200-1,500 in beer and the same or more on a kebab or pizza etc. I ended up drinking wine in the house much better calorie wise.

Even just walking for 45-60 minutes a day would be a start as well as checking your calories suspect its the beer will take you over a bit over the course of a week especially if you get the munchies after as session can easily end up being 1,200-1,500 in beer and the same or more on a kebab or pizza etc. I ended up drinking wine in the house much better calorie wise.

One of the biggest damages from drinking in terms of physique. Even if you drink relatively low calorie drinks, smashing pizzas, kebabs, chips, pop etc is going to amount to a massive amount. Especially considering nobody really starts drinking on an empty stomach to begin with. Then the usual next day drop in energy expenditure from feeling like shite :lol:

It is definitely achievable (I will be doing about two stone from February to June) but remember that your body may have changed a bit since you were 23 - so use bodyfat percentage or a mirror rather than a weight of yesteryear to reach your goal.

Any advice?
Yes if you don't cheat. Also sign up to @supersesh on Facebook and you'll do it easily. By far the best advice I've ever got regarding losing weight.

Easily doable. I went from 14 stone 10 to 12 stone 3 in 4 months when I was 55. Stopped eating bread completely, cut my sugar intake drastically and avoided processed foods.
Learned a little about nutrition, simple and complex carbs etc. To be honest it was far simpler than I imagined. Wish I'd done the twat years ago.

You might need to lose 3 stones by then.

MAKE THE CHANGE. NOW.
Is the correct answer.

You might need to lose 3 stones by then.

MAKE THE CHANGE. NOW.

I know you're right, but just as it's Christmas I've been allowing myself to have a few beers on a night and that. I'm still eating fairly healthy and going to the gym, at least during the week...

January I'm not drinking at all, lost a bit weight last January doing the same so going to try and use it to kick off the year right. Doing Tough Mudder in July as well so that's even more motivation.

I know you're right, but just as it's Christmas I've been allowing myself to have a few beers on a night and that. I'm still eating fairly healthy and going to the gym, at least during the week...

January I'm not drinking at all, lost a bit weight last January doing the same so going to try and use it to kick off the year right. Doing Tough Mudder in July as well so that's even more motivation.
The problem with a lot of fatty people though mate is that they think that they're eating healthily but they consume loads more calories that they can account for. Some blame sleep walking to the fridge, some blame the calorie fairies, some even eat their own kids - they are that obese.

You're allowing yourself to consume excess calories because it's Christmas but I fear that you'll become another victim of a January new-start new-you commitment but you'll have faltered by February.

Why not start myfitnesspal NOW to see how much junk you're dribbling down your multiple chins?

;)

The problem with a lot of fatty people though mate is that they think that they're eating healthily but they consume loads more calories that they can account for. Some blame sleep walking to the fridge, some blame the calorie fairies, some even eat their own kids - they are that obese.

You're allowing yourself to consume excess calories because it's Christmas but I fear that you'll become another victim of a January new-start new-you commitment but you'll have faltered by February.

Why not start myfitnesspal NOW to see how much junk you're dribbling down your multiple chins?

;)

I'm only 13 and a half stone man :cry: Definitely a bit out of shape though! Fuck it, you've inspired me to go for a run!

I'm only 13 and a half stone man :cry: Definitely a bit out of shape though! Fuck it, you've inspired me to go for a run!
How tall are you? At my worst I was 14 stone and that was enough and got down to 13. Then as it crept back up I got it down to 11.6 which was last Christmas.

Back up to 12 which i stayed at until last summer when I got down to 11. Managed to stay around 11 since. Have bad weeks but never been higher than 11.6 even after an awful week. Cant believe i was once 14 stone.the running really helps.

I'll suggest that next time she mentions my weight.

I'm not even 'fat' really, just like, bigger all over... don't know if it's physically possible to get back to my 23 year old physique. Does this make sense or am I just making excuses? If I can get down to under 13 stone and keep the muscle I'll be happy Tbh

You are 26 and want to get back to your "23 year old physique" ? You poor old sod :lol:

How tall are you? At my worst I was 14 stone and that was enough and got down to 13. Then as it crept back up I got it down to 11.6 which was last Christmas.

Back up to 12 which i stayed at until last summer when I got down to 11. Managed to stay around 11 since. Have bad weeks but never been higher than 11.6 even after an awful week. Cant believe i was once 14 stone.the running really helps.

5'11"

Weigh 13 stone 9 tonight, it's not that overweight but still wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra flab. ordered a fitness tracker earlier and went for a run and went to the gym... going to stop eating bread/sugar as much as possible and I'm doing dry January. I want to try and lose as much as I can before the summer starts. If I can get down to under 13 stone I think that'll do me. If I keep on the way I'm going ATM I'll be 14 stone 9 next year and will be in danger of being a fat arse by 30

You are 26 and want to get back to your "23 year old physique" ? You poor old sod :lol:

27 in the summer! If I don't get into shape now I might never do it

Last edited:

Back