Losing a stone and a half

12 stone 13 this morning. Probably a bit dehydrated but better than 13 st 9 last month! Happy with progress so far, still off beer and eating healthy although I'm probably being slightly less restrictive now than I was when I started.
That's brilliant marra, well done.

12 stone 13 this morning. Probably a bit dehydrated but better than 13 st 9 last month! Happy with progress so far, still off beer and eating healthy although I'm probably being slightly less restrictive now than I was when I started.

Well done marra, that's great progress.

With regards to the being less restrictive, don't let yourself slip, usually people get complacent once a bit weight comes off, the key is to maintain what you were doing in the first place.

Best of luck.

Cheers lads. I'm expecting the rest will be harder to shift, but if i keep on top of it and keep chipping away I should get down to 12 stone for the summer :cool: I'm still eating loads as well, only it's natural food like vegetables, eggs, steaks,fish, olive oil, avocados, spinach, soups etc. I'm spending the money I'd usually use on beer for better quality food. getting a bit obsessed with it to be honest, not going out on Friday with mates so I can keep off the beer and do the parkrun on Saturday :p aiming for under 27 minutes.

Last edited:
Great work mate. Noticed any difference in the mirror yet? I haven't really but I feel 100x better

Cheers lads. I'm expecting the rest will be harder to shift, but if i keep on top of it and keep chipping away I should get down to 12 stone for the summer :cool: I'm still eating loads as well, only it's natural food like vegetables, eggs, steaks,fish, olive oil, avocados, spinach, soups etc. I'm spending the money I'd usually use on beer for better quality food. getting a bit obsessed with it to be honest, not going out on Friday with mates so I can keep off the beer and do the parkrun on Saturday :p aiming for under 27 minutes.

Good lad. Spending time / money on productive things that you would have spent on boozing / crap is a massive help.

At age 26 I think its easily do-able, but you'll have to make the effort. At 41 I got back to the weight I was last at when I was in my mid 20's just from doing the right things and stepping up the exercise. Its up to you though if you are willing to make the sacrifices.

At 54 I was back to the weight I was at 13.....a wet through, 11 stone.

Mind i had three lawyers: a divorce one, an injury claim one and an unfair dismissal one.

Not recommended.

These days im once again a happier if fatter lad.,,

Got my parkrun time down to under 27 minutes :cool: Haven't weighed myself but feeling great and starting to notice changes in the mirror. I alternate running and weights every day, so I think I've retained most of my muscle mass and just lost body fat. If I can make this change in 1 month, I am interested to see what I can acheive in 1 year. There's no secret to getting fit is there, it is just making small changes and being consistent.

Good luck. I usually find if I eat 500 calories less than I use and train 6 days it will stand a 3000 cal hog out once a week.

I think this will be my gameplan moving forward. I'll allow myself Saturday night takeaways etc but only if I've pushed myself all week to burn calories and lift weights.

Last edited:
Just over 26 and a half minutes for today's Park run. Would never have believed I could run 5k that fast a few months ago.
However I now appear to be stuck at around 12 stone 12. I think the initial weight loss came from cutting out the massive calorie surplus from the excess beer and takeaways etc. i think the rest is going to be harder to crack, but to be honest i'm not bothered about losing any more. feel like i've turned a corner, happy days

i lost a stone in 6 weeks aged 35 doing boxing training twice a week and 1 run a week and giving up the booze, easily doable in your twenties

Glad you're doing well mate, I've just hit a 20lb loss in exactly 8 weeks so it is doable!

Cheers, that's some loss as well. I'm definitely seeing some difference in the mirror now, training almost every day, mostly weights now and enjoying it. Going all out over March - no beer, takeaways etc, just going to see what I can achieve.

Cheers, that's some loss as well. I'm definitely seeing some difference in the mirror now, training almost every day, mostly weights now and enjoying it. Going all out over March - no beer, takeaways etc, just going to see what I can achieve.
Cheers marra, I've still got another 8-12 lb to lose until I'll be at the weight I want to be at like, and I'm going away for a week next month so will see what happens, If I'm at 15 8lbs by the time I come back I'll settle for that. Hope you do well in March, don't forget to keep us updated.

Great work mate. Noticed any difference in the mirror yet? I haven't really but I feel 100x better

How you getting on now? I'm definitely noticing some slight increase in muscle and loss in fat. Lifting weights almost every day now and enjoying it for the first time ever. Wish I'd done it years ago.

Now wondering if I'd be best going on a bulk for a few months and then cutting it all down again before my wedding in August

How you getting on now? I'm definitely noticing some slight increase in muscle and loss in fat. Lifting weights almost every day now and enjoying it for the first time ever. Wish I'd done it years ago.

Now wondering if I'd be best going on a bulk for a few months and then cutting it all down again before my wedding in August

That's good news mate - same here, slowly starting to change shape. Like you I'm really enjoying the exercise too, I look forward to getting to the gym. Could still clean up my diet a bit more to lose a bit more fat - I think that's the next step for me and then I can try to clean bulk from there.

That's good news mate - same here, slowly starting to change shape. Like you I'm really enjoying the exercise too, I look forward to getting to the gym. Could still clean up my diet a bit more to lose a bit more fat - I think that's the next step for me and then I can try to clean bulk from there.

Are you still trying to lose weight? I'm stuck between trying to get stronger, and trying to lose weight. Both happening now, but feel like if I picked one or the other I'd progress 2x as fast. Like I want defined abs, but I also want to increase
I'm 12st11 now, still got some fat to lose, going to try and get down to 12st7 doing what im doing, and then try and clean bulk to focus on putting on mass.

Last edited:
Are you still trying to lose weight? I'm stuck between trying to get stronger, and trying to lose weight. Both happening now, but feel like if I picked one or the other I'd progress 2x as fast. Like I want defined abs, but I also want to increase
I'm 12st11 now, still got some fat to lose, going to try and get down to 12st7 doing what im doing, and then try and clean bulk to focus on putting on mass.
Yeah I'm torn in the same way and whilst I think you can do both simultaneously, it is definitely harder. In the end I came to the same conclusions, going to try and lose the fat first then clean bulk. Makes the most sense I think

Back