Looks like I was right about Brexit causing problems for UK football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too much money being thrown at football by TV companies. Football used to be the working man's game but the vast majority can't afford it because of all the greedy players, agents etc.

Good point apart from attendances being up, viewing figures being up and overall interest in the game being up.

Unemployment is not at a 40 year low. All they have done is, what every government do, manipulate the way in which unemployment and benefits are measured. You change the name of the benefit and that statistic becomes irrelevant.

Yep, comparisons impossible as the definition has changed literally scores of times since the 80s to the point comparing figures is ludicrous and meaningless.

It could also mean that we develop our own young players and bring them on through, and give them game time to develop, so our players develop the skills levels...........look at Bales, we could have more like that if grass roots develops and nuture

our own players right. Put in the money and let us get the homegrown to a better standard. Why would we want 2nd tier from 27 countries if we can provide home grown as we used to no problem

Home grown players would be hoovered up by the top teams so now we will be getting 2nd rate English players at a sky high price.......The home grown players are not where the money in British football comes from either, nobody wants to watch two teams of English players kicking the shit out of each other, English football is loved because it has the best players in the world playing here, irrespective of their nationality.

Will make the inequality even worse as the top teams will recruit the eligible players leaving teams like us fucked. Could burst the sky TV bubble too imho. Without the worlds best players then why would Sky bid its billions next time the deal comes round?

Brexit could have 'hugely damaging' effect on football clubs, say chairmen

Is George Soros paying you by the post? TBH i only log onto Pure Football because i have zero interest in these posts. As a final point, post Brexit - our rules for foreign footballers will be hours to decide. We can say anyone from Brazil or Argentina can come here if they have ever kicked a football if we chose to.

Will make the inequality even worse as the top teams will recruit the eligible players leaving teams like us fucked. Could burst the sky TV bubble too imho. Without the worlds best players then why would Sky bid its billions next time the deal comes round?

Brexit is gonna cost us 10's of billions and all the people who voted for it will mostly be dead by the time it's come into effect.

Home grown players would be hoovered up by the top teams so now we will be getting 2nd rate English players at a sky high price.......The home grown players are not where the money in British football comes from either, nobody wants to watch two teams of English players kicking the shit out of each other, English football is loved because it has the best players in the world playing here, irrespective of their nationality.

The best player in the world doesn't play here, nor does the second or third. Nor does the biggest up and coming player in world football.

English football is loved firstly because of the history and tradition, it's like religion over here, the crowds are the best. Secondly, it's been marketed to death.

Only the top footballers outside England will be able to sign due to permits. Meaning average footballers who could help teams like us won’t be able to get permits.

Genuinely can't understand why anyone would want Brexit.

I mean, the government are literally stockpiling food and medicine in the event of a no-deal. Literally every single report of literally any version of Brexit means the country will be worse off. I just don't get it, seems madness. But you know, immigration :lol:

The top teams already do that, leaving us fucked. If you don’t like the idea of Brexit, fine but don’t think that the scenario you describe isn’t already happening. There’s loads of people in charge of loads of different companies speculating about what leaving the EU might or might not do to their business, football chairmen are no different.

I mean, the government are literally stockpiling food and medicine in the event of a no-deal. Literally every single report of literally any version of Brexit means the country will be worse off. I just don't get it, seems madness. But you know, immigration :lol:
Wrong f***ing forum mate.

Why do you keep writing "literally"? Do you think it makes you look smarter?

It doesn't.

These football chairmen don’t have a clue how it’ll affect football man, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove know best ....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back