looks like a jumper on the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it can’t be helped (I suppose) but I do think that mental health as been overlooked over the last few weeks.

I’m not feeling great myself at the minute but it’s awful that someone can feel that bad

Mental health has been overlooked by society for the entirety of existence. Even in this modern age when awareness is at an all time high, there's still stigma attached to it and far too many people don't understand and judge people unnecessarily.

As bad as the current situation is, I'm hoping that the experience of a greater percentage of the population having some mental health concerns will lead to greater compassion around the subject in society as a whole.

RIP to the jumper, I can't begin to imagine the pain you must be in to prefer death. Hopefully they've found peace.

Sad, sad day all round.

Found out today our neighbours son took his life yesterday. Was only talking to him a couple of weeks ago when he was helping his dad in the garden.

Only in his mid thirties. :(

I drove past one at Marsden just the other week..i'm assuming it's a diiferent one to where someone went over..the Police were in between a fella and the edge..i'd assume when they get like they'll eventually grab them??

There has to be something to stop this happening like fencing or something even if its gives people a chance to stop in a car and pull them away. Witnessed the whole thing like and its just f***ing tragic.

Are you ok mate ?
A knock on effect many don’t think of witnessing something like that. Make sure you seek out any support you might need having gone through this today

Desperation and that alone cuts me up inside.
Thinking of the build up and contemplating doing it just heartbreaking.
One of my best mates took his own life when I was 18 and as a young lad it hit me badly.
So sad that.

Awful. If he had any the poor family will be trying to make sense of it for years.
As an aside I wish folk wouldnt use phrases like Jumper on the bridge for a thread title

Are you ok mate ?
A knock on effect many don’t think of witnessing something like that. Make sure you seek out any support you might need having gone through this today

aye mate cheers. The reason I mentioned about fencing is because its the centre of town there were lads working for the council at the bottom of the bridge parked up. Aswell as people stopping there cars on the bridge and running into traffic to get down. I hope they're getting the help they need.

Sad, sad day all round.

Found out today our neighbours son took his life yesterday. Was only talking to him a couple of weeks ago when he was helping his dad in the garden.

Only in his mid thirties. :(

It's awful that :(

aye mate cheers. The reason I mentioned about fencing is because its the centre of town there were lads working for the council at the bottom of the bridge parked up. Aswell as people stopping there cars on the bridge and running into traffic to get down. I hope they're getting the help they need.

Fencing has been mentioned many times, the one point which nobody can trump is the argument as the bridges are so well used many people are helped before jumping. (This is very true, trust me on that).
If fencing was put up potential suicides may move to quieter areas which isn’t populated as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back