looks like a jumper on the bridge.

Saved my brother who'd downed a bottle of vodka and some pills one night, and also my neighbour who used to have regular terror attacks after he was abused by his father. Found him in his kitchen where he'd been slicing at his wrists and then ended up plunging a kitchen knife through both his wrists.

Can't begin to imagine the pain people must be in to do that.

@Scunny Dan glad you're getting there mate, keep well.

Dreadful to hear and RIP to both of them who jumped from the bridge and also at Marsden.

2 huge MLF's I know have committed suicide from those places and my own nephew committed suicide aged 26.

As other posters have said, please please call the Samaritans or even ask for help on here. Can remember some guy was in a very bad place and this forum helped to avoid a tragedy.

You can't see him but just by texting and calling him, you're letting him know you're there for him and he's not alone.

Remind him that his family love him and that he can call any number of help lines, not just Samaritans.

I'm not trained in this marra but if you want to PM me privately then I'm happy to help in any small way I can.

If you thought someone was a serious risk to themselves I can't see many complaining about breaking quarantine to see him. Who would know? and you could still social distance as best you could. The lockdown is important but I think we should be able to help each other out in genuine cases where people are still using common sense.

Theres a documentary on youtube about the suicides at the golden gate bridge. Its mental
It’s tragic, there are 1 to 2 a day that do it or need to be talked down.

You are very unlikely to survive it and even if you survive the impact you are much more likely to drown then in the Wear, but there is also a great documentary on the very few survivors. They have done loads to stop people.

Eric Steel’s documentary The Bridge??

Kevin Hines (young lad who survived the drop back then) released a decent watch last year too called The Ripple Effect.

Putting netting under the bridge is completely missing the point. It's like putting a band aid on a broken leg.
The netting is not to catch but to prevent jumping from the bridge. Of course the problem is not the physical act of jumping but rather something far more complex.

Just coming into Gateshead over the Tyne bridge now and a couple that looked in their 60’s were tying a bunch of flowers onto the railing on the southbound side, just as I drove to the middle the police and fire brigade were with a young lass who was sitting on the edge on the northbound side. Tragic

Just coming into Gateshead over the Tyne bridge now and a couple that looked in their 60’s were tying a bunch of flowers onto the railing on the southbound side, just as I drove to the middle the police and fire brigade were with a young lass who was sitting on the edge on the northbound side. Tragic

So so very sad.
No right answer in any of this just complete sadness for everyone immediately associated. Really gets to me this does.

Back