Looking in people’s windows when it’s dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ get to work in stunning houses around the north east and it really does inspire different ideas etc.When I built my house it come in handy as I’ve seen some fantastic things we have done in people’s homes but I’ve also learnt by others mistakes.

Eye mate.Curtains are rotting like.

Your thinking about the old types of wallpaper ya ganny used to get from Levy’s.Have a look at some of the stuff from Clark-Clarke for example.

Anyway just got back in from dropping the old lady off at work down the general.Not that much to see this morning as everyone must still be in the feather.

Who’s doing the dinner if she is at work? Hired a chef to come in?

Not really, I have high ceilings in my little council house sitting room where I have a lovely pair of 90 x 90 ombre velvet curtains that don't touch the floor - as @Dave Herbal says, they frame the window :cool: :)
I have curtains in mine too, would look weird without them. I like them and my dog likes sleeping behind them. Oh god not just dust and mites but dog smell too!! I’m going to be hounded out of my street :D

I'm the same @Gillythedilf , love interior design stuff and having a quick look to see what other people's homes are like is really interesting. My Dad does too, although he would actually stop and look in which is embarrassing, I like to keep moving!

My Dad is the reverse he sits/stands in the living room watching what is going on outside, or what the neighbours are doing. Nothing gets past him. Chuckle at his mutterings of “huh a stranger there.” or “haven’t seen them around for a bit”. Best one had me creased one day when he looking out sitting in his window chair “the two lesbians must be arguing again I see.”

Its quite funny when he is being nosy and watching somebody walking past, and if they look in, he nods his head in acknowlegment, they do a startled double take as if they been caught doing something they shouldn’t :lol:

My Dad is the reverse he sits/stands in the living room watching what is going on outside, or what the neighbours are doing. Nothing gets past him. Chuckle at his mutterings of “huh a stranger there.” or “haven’t seen them around for a bit”. Best one had me creased one day when he looking out sitting in his window chair “the two lesbians must be arguing again I see.”

Its quite funny when he is being nosy and watching somebody walking past, and if they look in, he nods his head in acknowlegment, they do a startled double take as if they been caught doing something they shouldn’t :lol:

I have names for the people we see regularly but the missus thinks me calling the lass who very often delivers parcels on our street “Ginger Hermes” makes her sounds like an STD

Anyone else do this?

Ive got to be honest like and say I love doing it.Not to be nosey or anything I just find other people’s interiors fascinating.Christmas is an ideal time to do it as people put the tree in the window and it looks as though your looking at the tree when Infact you can have a good look at what’s going on behind it.

Queen Alex road is always an interesting drive/walk on an evening.

posted the same thing a couple of years ago and got called all sorts:)
don’t get people who live on a main road and don’t shut their curtains or blinds and expect people not to have a look in
Can’t beat a cheeky glance in someone else’s doors IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back