Looking in people’s windows when it’s dark.

Anyone else do this?

Ive got to be honest like and say I love doing it.Not to be nosey or anything I just find other people’s interiors fascinating.Christmas is an ideal time to do it as people put the tree in the window and it looks as though your looking at the tree when Infact you can have a good look at what’s going on behind it.

Queen Alex road is always an interesting drive/walk on an evening.

Anyone else do this?

Ive got to be honest like and say I love doing it.Not to be nosey or anything I just find other people’s interiors fascinating.Christmas is an ideal time to do it as people put the tree in the window and it looks as though your looking at the tree when Infact you can have a good look at what’s going on behind it.

Mate. That’s pretty much the dictionary definition of being nosey.

But what about the other 9 months of the year when the Christmas tree isn't up??
It’s a lot harder that’s for sure and discreet is what you need to remember.

what you’ve got to do is keep walking with your head facing forward down the street and your eyes straining to the left of right 90 degrees.

Now you know why this time of year is an actual dream time to do it.

On a similar topic, I did a paper round in the early nineties which were predominantly the ABC streets at Barnes. There was a lad who enjoyed dancing around his sitting room singing away to karaoke, complete with lyrics on the TV and a mic. He’d do this at 7 in the morning as well as around 4pm. and in all instances with the blinds wide open so it was difficult not to see.

On a similar topic, I did a paper round in the early nineties which were predominantly the ABC streets at Barnes. There was a lad who enjoyed dancing around his sitting room singing away to karaoke, complete with lyrics on the TV and a mic. He’d do this at 7 in the morning as well as around 4pm. and in all instances with the blinds wide open so it was difficult not to see.
There is /was a lad recently who would do that in a house down the sea front just by big nursing home.
When you walk along the front in the winter you would see him giving it six~nowt.

I’m surprised his neighbours didn’t chin him .... 7a.m. Karaoke!

There is /was a lad recently who would do that in a house down the sea front just by big nursing home.
When you walk along the front in the winter you would see him giving it six~nowt.

This lad was very energetic.

I’m surprised his neighbours didn’t chin him .... 7a.m. Karaoke!

I don’t recall it being loud, just him prancing all over the sitting room all hours of the day without a care in the world.

Anyone else do this?

I was round coatsworth road in Gateshead one Friday afternoon and the houses were fascinating. All the tables set for Friday night dinner. It was like something from another time.
If people leave their blinds up or curtains open, I’m looking in. I don’t stop mind :lol:

I was round coatsworth road in Gateshead one Friday afternoon and the houses were fascinating. All the tables set for Friday night dinner. It was like something from another time.
If people leave their blinds up or curtains open, I’m looking in. I don’t stop mind :lol:
The Xmas tree is your friend from within this time of year.
Cant see in eden vale all curtains are closed;)
I can say with some confidence there will be a big lite on with no shade or chandelier up round Eden vale and the Islamic quarter of millfield

Last edited:
Anyone else do this?

Thanks for the tip.

Anyone else do this?

If there's a hint of a kid in one window you're getting outed as a nonce ffs. :rolleyes:

Back