Looking forward to how we spend the transfer money made from

How much do you think we’d get for all 4 ?

50m?

We should be able to buy a team that goes straight up with that so would you do it ?

Be some basket cases of clubs coming down this year so maybe a good time to cash in and spend some money ?
This isn't Football Manager you realise?
We'll be more likely to pay off some loans / debts or waste the money on more embryonic French "talent" and be scrapping at the arse end of the table.

It was them who signed Clarke in the first place don’t get comments like this
You don't get them at all? The last three transfer windows have been frighteningly bad in my opinion. Of our signings since January 2023, only Bellingham and Ekwah have played a material amount of for us and neither of them have been much of an improvement on who we already have.

You don't get them at all? The last three transfer windows have been frighteningly bad in my opinion. Of our signings since January 2023, only Bellingham and Ekwah have played a material amount of for us and neither of them have been much of an improvement on who we already have.
No club in the world gets every signing spot on there is always flops

No club in the world gets every signing spot on there is always flops
That’s true but there’s usually a sprinkling of good ones in there. That hasn’t happened since summer 2022.
The last window, Styles, Mundle and Hjelde, what a time to be alive
It’s not great. Mundle looks most likely to come good from those three. Speakman said they were wanting to add players to the squad in January who would be able to hit the ground running, though.

Last edited:

This is such a stupid comment.

It's another comment that undercuts it's own argument despite the argument being a good one.

If you're going to count this January then both Hjelde and Mundle have absolutely played a material amount for us. Hjelde has played every game.

This is such a stupid comment.

It's another comment that undercuts it's own argument despite the argument being a good one.

If you're going to count this January then both Hjelde and Mundle have absolutely played a material amount for us. Hjelde has played every game.
OK. Can I extend that to being materially effective? The signings are poor.

50m?

We should be able to buy a team that goes straight up with that so would you do it ?

Be some basket cases of clubs coming down this year so maybe a good time to cash in and spend some money ?
That’s what yhought

£15m
£10m
£15m
£10m

OK. Can I extend that to being materially effective? The signings are poor.

We've no idea if that's true yet either.

The argument is clearly correct for last summer. And I'd agree with January 2023 too. In fact I'd say January 2023 was the issue. We needed to sign a striker then and didn't. Most of our subsequent problems have been as a result of not signing a striker that January. Desperate trying to get strikers in the summer, all other signings being included in the failure, no money for any other positions.

Mundle is not worse at this point than Roberts was in the march after we signed him. He's not better than Jones either. He could go either way at this point. He's just being compared to Clarke which is a little unfair.

50m?

If we sell those 4 we'll get loads more than 50m.

Not what they're worth but once we sell one we don't need to sell the others

Last edited:

The argument is clearly correct for last summer. And I'd agree with January 2023 too. In fact I'd say January 2023 was the issue. We needed to sign a striker then and didn't. Most of our subsequent problems have been as a result of not signing a striker that January. Desperate trying to get strikers in the summer, all other signings being included in the failure, no money for any other positions.

Mundle is not worse at this point than Roberts was in the march after we signed him. He's not better than Jones either. He could go either way at this point. He's just being compared to Clarke which is a little unfair.
Who is Jones? Kenwyne? Billy? Harrison? Jenson? Tom?

That team we put out against QPR would get relegated. I’m not really wanting us to merely tread water in perpetuity while we sell a Clarke and a Stewart every now and then.

Last edited:

Back