Looking forward to how we spend the transfer money made from

After the recruitment of the last three windows what makes people think the money will be spent on decent players?

We haven’t bought a good player for 3 windows.

Some of the original younguns signed when this bullshit model came along are still absolutely wank almost 3 year later.

I wouldn’t put any faith in these clowns to improve us

Clarke yes, I can’t see the others attracting high enough bids.

As for Clarke, as much as I’d hate to see him leave, he’s probably at the perfect point to sale for us to maximise the fee. 2 years left, a quality season on the pitch. Oh and he’s got injured, he’s another one I could see becoming more regularly injured in future seasons.

We won't be selling them all at once, man!
if you were a betting person how much of your own money would you put on that not happening?I would put a lot on three of them going at the same time but not so much on four of them probably £%0 ,

After the recruitment of the last three windows what makes people think the money will be spent on decent players?

Some of the original younguns signed when this bullshit model came along are still absolutely wank almost 3 year later.

Dont you realise all young players magically improve. Just need another pre season is all

I'd love to see Clarke stay here next season.

He's the only thing about that club that gets me up out of my seat.
Apart from when he's not playing and I leave on 70 minutes.

After all our best players are sold:

"Obviously, we will reinvest the money if the opportunity is there, but it must be borne in mind that the investment isn't just on the pitch, it's in the stadium and the training ground. It's reductive to think of transfer fees in equalling transfer fees out. It doesn't work like that in the modern game."

Deadline day, when we've spent a tiny fraction of the money received:

"We've always said it's a long term plan, and we're really positive about the group we've got. We believe in the talent of players like Romaine, Jensen, Nectar and Hemir, and we're looking forward to them taking the opportunity presented to them. It's an exciting time for the football club, we'd just ask the fans to trust that we have the best interests of the club at heart."

Clarke is very clearly off but I don't think it's definite at all that the others go. Patterson for 1 more season whilst Young goes on loan to a football league club for a year and I think Neil is a happy young lad playing for his home city. Ballard too, seems very settled here.

With the money I think they'll get dogs abuse from supporters because of his age but I really hope they go for Mubama at West Ham this summer. Would be an excellent option up top imo. Wouldn't have to pay a lot for him either (tribunal), which I imagine will also annoy some supporters.
After all our best players are sold:

"Obviously, we will reinvest the money if the opportunity is there, but it must be borne in mind that the investment isn't just on the pitch, it's in the stadium and the training ground. It's reductive to think of transfer fees in equalling transfer fees out. It doesn't work like that in the modern game."

Deadline day, when we've spent a tiny fraction of the money received:

"We've always said it's a long term plan, and we're really positive about the group we've got. We believe in the talent of players like Romaine, Jensen, Nectar and Hemir, and we're looking forward to them taking the opportunity presented to them. It's an exciting time for the football club, we'd just ask the fans to trust that we have the best interests of the club at heart."
Counter point: they'll buy 6 or 7 new players like they have every summer. Just hope this summer includes a couple of experienced ones..
If we get offered money for the goalkeeper we ought to snap their bloody hands off.
In fairness, a £10mil bid from a big 6 club for him to become their number 2, no one comes off badly in that situation..

Last edited:
Clarke
Ballard
Neil
Patto

When sold in the summer.

Good chance to strengthen all over the pitch and strong subs bench.

I may be proven wrong but there's nothing we've done that suggests we will sell more than one first team player per window. If we sell those 4 I'd expect to have north of 80m. Purely because once we sell one of them I don't think we'd sell the others except for silly money

Last edited:
Forest, Everton, Sheffield United won’t bounce back. I think they would struggle. Luton and Burnley will probably do well next season if they went down.
Ipswich could be in trouble if they don’t go up. Southampton may lose a lot of players if they don’t go up.
Next season could be a real opportunity for a team to go up.
Everton ???? Let’s not forget they have players not even made the first team that we wanted to sign and have since banged goals in for Ipswich they will have some ridiculous young players
I dont think anyone will want Ballard for the price the style of play recently has made him look like a low league Harry maguire it’s not helped him at all

Last edited:
Clarke
Ballard
Neil
Patto

When sold in the summer.

Good chance to strengthen all over the pitch and strong subs bench.
I am not we will spend have of that on young European lottery tickets where we will struggle at the bottom of the Championship

All the clubs in the prem cant spend look at Everton forest Newcastle Chelsea all got to be careful with the ffp stuff.
Dont think it will be easy to get the money were expecting for Clarke.

Nothing

Relegation.
Need to spend 30 million and that gets you into the premier.
Statistically the higher value teams and those paying the top end of the league's wages tend to get promoted....obviously there are outliers but it is a statistically sound statement.We wont break our wage structure which is at a bottom half champioship level so i doubt we will one pay the going rate in terms of fee for a championship striker or increase our wage cap!I see more of the same recruitment next year and we will be in the relegation avoidance battle,safe in the knowledge that we will have a clear view during night games and in case of emergency the pa system will be able where it is able to tell us where to go!..and some yerrbs in the south upper stand will be able to swing on some bars while watching the game.;)

Last edited:

Back