London Stab City

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about builders taking their tools home?
Me and my marra wanted to go through one of the mobile X-ray machines at a tube station once with our tool bags full of knives, chisels, hammers etc but the old bill wouldn’t allow us. “You’re not our target audience lads” the sergeant said.
What we all seem to agree on is something needs to be done and more quickly than it is .Surely thats what the Mayor of London and politicians get paid for..making decisions?
Did New York not have horrendous crime at one time and the Mayor,Guilliani ,stepped in with a zero tolerance approach putting cops on every corner and making the streets safe for all.Think he had good backing from the public as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lib Dem were the only party that had in their campaign that they would raise taxes to pay for services. They lost seats and lost deposits

Yep. The Lib Dems have an exceptional problem: they have open and honest policies....and get punished at the ballot box. Nobody quite believes the promises made by Labour and the Tories as they have a long history of falsehoods, yet vote for them regardless.

Last edited:
That thousands go to jail for food and accommodation.

Well, I don't know thousands of people personally or have stats to prove it, but where I lived in NW London I know that plenty of people did.

Why dont they introduce legislation to say if you get caught with a knife in a stop by Police you will get 15 years...and you will serve it.There needs to be a strong message sent out that the public needs protecting
Must be a nightmare every time your kids go out for the night..wondering if they will come home.
Absolutely this. What is so difficult to put this into place. Obviously there needs to be a clause saying without due cause so a fisherman on the way to the river bank or a butcher going from one of his shops to another or a carpenter are not caught by this but people going to a night club or walking around a street or hanging around a street corner will be more likely to come within the definition.

Well, I don't know thousands of people personally or have stats to prove it, but where I lived in NW London I know that plenty of people did.

I have a lot of experience of this subject and prison Isn’t the cushy place that is portrayed on social media or the media.
I marine that some can not cope due to being institutionalised but why is there a homeless problem in this country? Surely all them would prefer to be in jail.
I think this is a common misconception that people would rather be in jail.

Absolutely this. What is so difficult to put this into place. Obviously there needs to be a clause saying without due cause so a fisherman on the way to the river bank or a butcher going from one of his shops to another or a carpenter are not caught by this but people going to a night club or walking around a street or hanging around a street corner will be more likely to come within the definition.
Exactly marra..

I have a lot of experience of this subject and prison Isn’t the cushy place that is portrayed on social media or the media.
I marine that some can not cope due to being institutionalised but why is there a homeless problem in this country? Surely all them would prefer to be in jail.
I think this is a common misconception that people would rather be in jail.

I didn't say it's a cushy place, but some people cannot handle normal life and particularly if used to the prison system would rather go back. As I say, where I live in NW London I heard of this multiple times and it was discussed as if it's not irregular. Friends I have in that area grew up with people living that life.

It's not some misconception I have from social media. It's something I wouldn't have really thought happens until I'd heard of it spoken about when I lived round there.

I didn't say it's a cushy place, but some people cannot handle normal life and particularly if used to the prison system would rather go back. As I say, where I live in NW London I heard of this multiple times and it was discussed as if it's not irregular. Friends I have in that area grew up with people living that life.

It's not some misconception I have from social media. It's something I wouldn't have really thought happens until I'd heard of it spoken about when I lived round there.

Definitely happens, my uncle used to see the same bloke every winter and this was about 30 year back. Used to get upset if he never got time.

How common it is I don't know.

It does happen and more than people would think, especially over the winter months.

Someone murdered this evening to go with the murder yesterday.

Last edited:
Gangs are not taking over .. they are just stabbing each other

I think after todays events you might reconsider that statement.

May claiming now her cutbacks to the police nothing to do with it ..... believe that if you wish, I know what I think.

Why dont they introduce legislation to say if you get caught with a knife in a stop by Police you will get 15 years...and you will serve it.There needs to be a strong message sent out that the public needs protecting
Must be a nightmare every time your kids go out for the night..wondering if they will come home.
Stop and search you say?

I’m afraid that those of a certain political persuasion aren’t happy about that I’m afraid.

Political ideology has got in the way of saving lives.

I think after todays events you might reconsider that statement.

May claiming now her cutbacks to the police nothing to do with it ..... believe that if you wish, I know what I think.

The people who think gangs are just attacking gangs are naive like.

I wonder how many doing the stabbing come from one parent families where the father has gone awol?

Some people just come from communities where certain criminal elements are accepted/encouraged. Parents definitely need to take more responsibility and absent parents can make kids more impressionable, but at the moment it seems a massive problem with this generation

I think we should be concentrating on the 8 million Londoners that haven't been stabbed this week rather than the one that did.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned though. Or maybe certain groups would like to push a certain narrative in order to further their own agenda.

I've said too much.
I think they are, trying to protect those that haven't been stabbed yet from being stabbed.

Yep. The Lib Dems have an exceptional problem: they have open and honest policies....and get punished at the ballot box. Nobody quite believes the promises made by Labour and the Tories as they have a long history of falsehoods, yet vote for them regardless.
To be fair when ever anyone thinks Lib Dem, they think of betrayal of election promises. It's why they were wiped out a couple of elections ago.
Lost votes last time as they were the "anti-Brexit" party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back