London Stab City

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you’re paying my share then I’m in full agreement!
Some things more important than cash marra( again in my humble) I would pay more if our streets were safer, had more cops and we were just a bit tougher !im canny owld mind and possibly not the most tolerant of people who make life a misery for most folk who are decent.

Is that really a reason not to do anything?
Go into "those " areas...show a presence...stop search and convict a few.Send out a clear message if you carry a knife the implications are severe for you.The neighbourhoods where these things are happening seem to want action.

Two major things need to happen, firstly politicians need to stop interfering in operational policing matters and using stop and search as a political and racial football, secondly the courts need to change their stance on sentencing and get much tougher possibly backed by legislation change to increase the maximum sentence and impose a minimum sentence for carrying a knife or other offensive weapon.

Two major things need to happen, firstly politicians need to stop interfering in operational policing matters and using stop and search as a political and racial football, secondly the courts need to change their stance on sentencing and get much tougher possibly backed by legislation change to increase the maximum sentence and impose a minimum sentence for carrying a knife or other offensive weapon.
It's bigger than that. Where do you put them all? All them bigger sentences take rooms, court space and police time.
No quick fixes imo, it's took 2 generatios to get this bad, it could take 2 too reverse

I think we should be concentrating on the 8 million Londoners that haven't been stabbed this week rather than the one that did.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned though. Or maybe certain groups would like to push a certain narrative in order to further their own agenda.

I've said too much.

15 years i said...surely then nee one would carry...or in your experience is that naive?...but in general you and i agree we need to be tough for the sake of our kids and grand kids?
Dont actually hear many politicians coming up with any solutions?#

Last edited by a moderator:
Lib Dem were the only party that had in their campaign that they would raise taxes to pay for services. They lost seats and lost deposits

Do they necessarily need to increase tax though? We pay tax on everything we buy, our wages, petrol, booze, vehicles, holidays, inheritance.

Maybe they should look to utilise it better, I bet millions still gets wasted on shite. Increase criminal fines for a start raise extra from those committing the crimes to pay for it. Maybe everyone who goes to jail should get a fine aswel.

Do they necessarily need to increase tax though? We pay tax on everything we buy, our wages, petrol, booze, vehicles, holidays, inheritance.

Maybe they should look to utilise it better, I bet millions still gets wasted on shite. Increase criminal fines for a start raise extra from those committing the crimes to pay for it. Maybe everyone who goes to jail should get a fine aswel.
I’d be interested to see the average income of a person being sent to prison. Claiming £1/week in a fine costs to recover than its worth

I’d be interested to see the average income of a person being sent to prison. Claiming £1/week in a fine costs to recover than its worth

Sure they’ll be some with plenty of money, drug dealers, those who commit fraud, career criminals. Even some murders/violent offenders will have money. It’s not all just druggies and bums.

Wonder how much money gets wasted in the police on other things rather than getting more police officers on the street? We have a crime commissioner which is basically a labour politician, and a back office of staff to assist him, complete waste of time and money.

Sure they’ll be some with plenty of money, drug dealers, those who commit fraud, career criminals. Even some murders/violent offenders will have money. It’s not all just druggies and bums.

Wonder how much money gets wasted in the police on other things rather than getting more police officers on the street? We have a crime commissioner which is basically a labour politician, and a back office of staff to assist him, complete waste of time and money.

Thousands go to jail for guaranteed food and accommodation. Plenty others end up there from committing crime in desperation. The big frys in jail usually are persued for money.

I think we should be concentrating on the 8 million Londoners that haven't been stabbed this week rather than the one that did.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned though. Or maybe certain groups would like to push a certain narrative in order to further their own agenda.

I've said too much.
The deaths because of stabbings are the tip of that iceberg. Obviously not all stabbings lead to deaths and figures show a far bigger problem than makes the news. Knives ( or sharp objects) carrying is common in youth culture by all accounts and trying to break that is the responsibility of more of society than those that die. Street robbery is very common and often that involves bladed items.

Ask anyone who’s self employed what their earnings are. I bet there’s not many people who make their money using dishonesty actually declares it to the tax man so probably shows up as having no earnings ( or minimum earnings)
The authorities do recover money from crime but I would guess that most criminals are skint

Last edited:
Why dont they introduce legislation to say if you get caught with a knife in a stop by Police you will get 15 years...and you will serve it.There needs to be a strong message sent out that the public needs protecting
Must be a nightmare every time your kids go out for the night..wondering if they will come home.
What about builders taking their tools home?
Me and my marra wanted to go through one of the mobile X-ray machines at a tube station once with our tool bags full of knives, chisels, hammers etc but the old bill wouldn’t allow us. “You’re not our target audience lads” the sergeant said.

If you stab somebody when you get caught the weapon you used gets stabbed up your hoop.

Bet the would levels of knife crime would dramatically drop, you also get no NHS health treatment either just end up shitting pancakes.

Gotta look at why the gangs exist, is it drug dealing, some cultural hard man bullshit, some group protection shit?

Then gotta look at WHY current methods have failed - do the police just not have enough respect, are the kids not afraid of the consequences, are the potential consequences of not carrying worse than a bit of time in jail.

Then what has worked elsewhere and what do some experts reckon - is it a matter of getting lots of old school beat coppers back out and knocking heads, does zero tolerance policing work, do extreme sentences for just carrying work or just harden the kids caught up? What measures actually build community engagement? As areas are gentrified does the crime move or does it drop off massively as a critical level of socioeconomic poverty is bounded?

The damage to these communities of creating virtual ghettos by shifting the poor, disenfranchised and outsiders all into one place then continually cutting everything from income, education, council 'services', policing, etc is horrendous and will probably take decades of careful work to fix. The problem being of course that every 5 years its election time so even if the government and approach doesn't change entirely then at least in the run up to elections everyone is gonna want to be getting "tough on crime" and not spending money on perceived criminals that just haven't been caught and locked up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back