Logan Pye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might be on the radar but he can't go without the clubs permission.

Thoight it was the parents permission and the club has to let them know of an offer? .... Im sure kids can up and leave at that age if they want and thats why the big clubs end up talking all the talented kids, chew them up and then spit the majority back out?

Weve not got a leg to stand on if the Prems top clubs come calling. I just doubt these rumours of our club touting the kids who will already be getting g scouted by the big boys (if they're good enough) anyway.

Just my opinion like.

Last edited:
Thoight it was the parents permission and the club has to let them know of an offer? .... Im sure kids can up and leave at that age if they want and thats why the big clubs end up talking all the talented kids, chew them up and then spit the majority back out?

Weve not got a leg to stand on if the Prems top clubs come calling. I just doubt these rumours of our club touting the kids who will already be getting g scouted by the big boys (if they're good enough) anyway.

Just my opinion like.
No. The club has to give permission, from what I gather until recently it wasn't even common practice for the club to inform the player or parents of an approach.

If hes that good, why have the club been touting him around and why has it taken nearly a year for a top side to sign him?
Exactly mate,but dont let it get in the way of his agenda.Which unfortunately is rife on this thread.
Exactly mate,but dont let it get in the way of his agenda.Which unfortunately is rife on this thread.
Just driven down Shields road scattered across the road are parents and kids getting dragged by SD chucked out and told to never darken our doors again.

Last edited:

Just my opinion like.
The club have to give permission to talk. I think there is a process if the player/parents want to leave outside of that.

No. The club has to give permission, from what I gather until recently it wasn't even common practice for the club to inform the player or parents of an approach.

There had to be something ing else to this as mist clubs woukd like to keep their younger players, what youre saying would let tgem do that if they refused permission and im not too sure we could refuse an approach when the young lads dont have pro contracts.....virtually every club outside the top 6 would keep their kids in a bid to get more money if what you're saying is right.

Yes there is. You can try and convince them that their future is here. You try and convince their parents that it would be better for their son to stay here. Instead we just that the money and use the 'there's nothing we can do' line. The worrying thing is that so many young players are leaving and joining better clubs. It's not for financial reasons as they won't be on big money and the parents will be out of pocket. And if they are being poached, why aren't we reporting them?

This is the i want it now generation, throw in the kudos for the parents of little Johnny playing for a top 6 klerb....not a chance

There had to be something ing else to this as mist clubs woukd like to keep their younger players, what youre saying would let tgem do that if they refused permission and im not too sure we could refuse an approach when the young lads dont have pro contracts.....virtually every club outside the top 6 would keep their kids in a bid to get more money if what you're saying is right.
My understanding of it is that when they reach 17 they can be offered a written contract. If a player leaves during his scholarship (under 17) compensation would be paid.
Cat a academies were entitled to 40 grand per year for every year they were registered above the age of 14 and a lot less for every year they were registered under that age. It was put in place as a bit of insurance so academies could keep investing.
The long and short of it is, if he wants to go theres fuk all we can do about it.

I didnt say he wasnt good, I was asking why a club would need to tout a player in the first place?....surely he'd have been on the radar of these clubs anyway?
Because clubs are not allowed to approach players , they go to the club and the club can choose to tell or not to tell the player and parents , we have actively been saying the shops open come on in and get yourself a bargain

Luca Stephenson's mum was saying (possibly at the start of this thread) the club can refuse other clubs requests to speak to younger players. We dont refuse.

It does appear we have lost more kids than other teams outside the top 6 with similar academy facilities to ourselves. Why are boro keeping their kids and we cant keep ours? Something isnt right there and I'm not buying the line that we're a league 1 club theres nowt we can do.

Because clubs are not allowed to approach players , they go to the club and the club can choose to tell or not to tell the player and parents , we have actively been saying the shops open come on in and get yourself a bargain

Sounds like the official line but I wonder just how many times scouts make it clear to someone at the game that they are from say Man U and that they are looking at the lad Pye, that info then gets passed about until it reaches who its intended to and then a club has a fight on its hands keeping the youngster. Tapping up will still be rife in football, especially at youth level.

I cant comment on how Boro keep their lads, maybe Donald needs to give them a call if they are so good at it.
Luca Stephenson's mum was saying (possibly at the start of this thread) the club can refuse other clubs requests to speak to younger players. We dont refuse.

It does appear we have lost more kids than other teams outside the top 6 with similar academy facilities to ourselves. Why are boro keeping their kids and we cant keep ours? Something isnt right there and I'm not buying the line that we're a league 1 club theres nowt we can do.

You should buy the line that being a league one club is detrimental.....It effects us on every level.

So Luca was pushed to join the current champions league holders and best sides in football?.....I bet Donald had to really force him out.

Last edited:
Sounds like the official line but I wonder just how many times scouts make it clear to someone at the game that they are from say Man U and that they are looking at the lad Pye, that info then gets passed about until it reaches who its intended to and then a club has a fight on its hands keeping the youngster. Tapping up will still be rife in football, especially at youth level.

I cant comment on how Boro keep their lads, maybe Donald needs to give them a call if they are so good at it.

You should buy the line that being a league one club is detrimental.....It effects us on every level.

So Luca was pushed to join the current champions league holders and best sides in football?.....I bet Donald had to really force him out.
100% this. Anyone who thinks that we can financially and opportunity wise compete with the top 6 whilst languishing in League 1 is in dream world. It is the opportunity of a lifetime for these kids. Can set them up for life if they are sensible.

Totally missing the point that many are making. Theres a lot more we could be doing to keep these youngsters.

Totally missing the point that many are making. Theres a lot more we could be doing to keep these youngsters.

According to his Mam SAFC did not speak to Luca or his parents to talk about him possibly staying. She said its a tough decision but SAFC could have tried to get him to stay and he would have listened - she said they did nothing. He's apparently loving it at Liverpool but she clearly inferred that the club were keen to offload. She said the club were under no obligation to tell him of Liverpool's interest. It looks like we are going to lose a who age group of potential talent and the club is facilitating it. It is very worrying indeed.

Haway then enlighten us. What could we be doing that makes the riches and opportunities at some of the biggest clubs in the world less appealing than league 1 football club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back