Logan Pye

I'm still confused by this whole thing, he's obviously a good prospect and will be wanting a massive contract, for us to keep him I reckon we'd have to pay him more than our first team squad of players, but everyone is kicking off like we're desperate for him to leave so we can get peanuts for him instead of definitely selling him for 80 million in 5 years time.

I've no idea if anything I've just typed is actually true but it's just what appears to be the case.

I'm still confused by this whole thing, he's obviously a good prospect and will be wanting a massive contract, for us to keep him I reckon we'd have to pay him more than our first team squad of players, but everyone is kicking off like we're desperate for him to leave so we can get peanuts for him instead of definitely selling him for 80 million in 5 years time.

I've no idea if anything I've just typed is actually true but it's just what appears to be the case.

Before 17 his wages will be standardised I believe. He wouldn't command wages that in any way compare to McGeady, Leadbitter or Grigg at Man Utd or otherwise.

I think folk may be kicking off because of the perception that they appear happy to sell our better youth players rather than fight to keep them as was the case with one or two lads that have already gone.

People need to get a grip, no chance could we keep any youngster being poached by man u, arsenal, Liverpool etc. We just have to accept it and stop trying to blame the club for everything.

Someone will be along in a minute with a fake quote confirming we paid Man U £50 million for him to join them, the fanzines will retweet it as gospel and everyone will be up in arms!

It's gone absolutely f***ing mental lately.

People need to get a grip, no chance could we keep any youngster being poached by man u, arsenal, Liverpool etc. We just have to accept it and stop trying to blame the club for everything.
Yes there is. You can try and convince them that their future is here. You try and convince their parents that it would be better for their son to stay here. Instead we just that the money and use the 'there's nothing we can do' line. The worrying thing is that so many young players are leaving and joining better clubs. It's not for financial reasons as they won't be on big money and the parents will be out of pocket. And if they are being poached, why aren't we reporting them?

I think what we as fans want to hear is that "the club has done everything they could think of to persuade the young player to stay but in the end the draw of the premier league club was too much" but there are a lot of stories emerging that would suggest the club is not really doing anything to persuade them to stay.

The cynic in me wonders if a 16 year old who could be worth a lot of money to the club in 4 years time is of no use to an owner who is unlikely to be still here in a year's time whereas £50k or whatever today will do nicely.

In an ideal world, if we could find owners who were committed to the club for life i.e. fans of the club then these short term decisions would never be made.

Yes there is. You can try and convince them that their future is here. You try and convince their parents that it would be better for their son to stay here. Instead we just that the money and use the 'there's nothing we can do' line. The worrying thing is that so many young players are leaving and joining better clubs. It's not for financial reasons as they won't be on big money and the parents will be out of pocket. And if they are being poached, why aren't we reporting them?
Do you know that all of that hasn't been tried or done?

Before 17 his wages will be standardised I believe. He wouldn't command wages that in any way compare to McGeady, Leadbitter or Grigg at Man Utd or otherwise.

I think folk may be kicking off because of the perception that they appear happy to sell our better youth players rather than fight to keep them as was the case with one or two lads that have already gone.
How can he be offered a 5 year contract by man United then?

Back