Logan Pye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signed for Man U just heard. My dads just told me he’s had a text of his grandad.

Last edited:
He mustn't be doing enough to warrant being in the match day squad though.

You're the second person to say this and the second person to not understand my point. I couldn't care less if the anyone thinks he's not doing well enough to get in. Its not about him.

Two players in his year, one went to arsenal one stayed here. If three one that went to arsenal is getting closer to the first team why the fuck should anyone stay here

"Neither club nor any person shall induce or attempt to induce such a player on a scholarship to leave the club for which the player is registered’’

EFL Rule book.

SAFC's version..

However the club can allow the player to leave under mutual consent or if the club chooses to terminate the player's contract.
I had that rule quoted to me before so I asked a few people about it at different academies. They explained it’s not as cut and dry as that as they have a ‘duty of care’ to these players as they are still minors. If they say they want to leave and haven’t signed a pro contract then those words duty of care get banded about by the FA and the ‘families representatives’ (read into that!) So whilst they could stand their ground, they will have a player who doesn’t want to be there and who is still a child. They therefore have to be seen to do what is best for the child. IfLiverpool comes in for them then not much choice and they take compo. However if they think that the club who comes in for them isn’t such a better offer ie Notts Forest then they may stand their ground. That’s what I have been told by staff from a few academies and whether we think it’s right or wrong is irrelevant. However if they do think any illegal approaches have been made (and you know as well as I do there are ways around this) then they can and will report these clubs.

You're the second person to say this and the second person to not understand my point. I couldn't care less if the anyone thinks he's not doing well enough to get in. Its not about him.

Two players in his year, one went to arsenal one stayed here. If three one that went to arsenal is getting closer to the first team why the fuck should anyone stay here
So we should just put kids on the bench for the sake of it? They've still got to be earning the place by performing well in the junior squads. Where I think we went wrong last season was signing too many squad players rather than having the likes of Robson and Embleton on the bench but then the club can't win because people (and I'm not saying you) clamour for us to have two players for every position otherwise we're under strength.

The best young players go to the biggest clubs. If we are languishing in league 1 then it's no real surprise that kids who have an opportunity to go to top 6 premiership clubs do so. If I was a young kid with that opportunity i would be off like a flash. This is reality and not Pye in the sky.

According to his Mam SAFC did not speak to Luca or his parents to talk about him possibly staying. She said its a tough decision but SAFC could have tried to get him to stay and he would have listened - she said they did nothing. He's apparently loving it at Liverpool but she clearly inferred that the club were keen to offload. She said the club were under no obligation to tell him of Liverpool's interest. It looks like we are going to lose a who age group of potential talent and the club is facilitating it. It is very worrying indeed.

I dont know. Theres just no logic to actively trying to flog your best young'uns, it doesnt put you in any position to bargain for more money?

I think Luca would havd still went to Liverpool tbh, the pull of a club that big would have been too much to turn down.

Still think (in my opinion) that clubs tap players up thru agents and scouts mind.

report I read (Manchester evening news) said fee of 500k plus... suspect we will see fuck all of that invested in the squad.

Haway then enlighten us. What could we be doing that makes the riches and opportunities at some of the biggest clubs in the world less appealing than league 1 football club?
Refuse clubs access to our players (which is something we can do) is probably the number one thing we could do. We could even offer some of these kids a professional deal which I understand we havent been doing in some cases. We could make sure the academy is viewed (by youth players and parents) as being professionally which will give kids a great chance of making in professionally (luca Stephenson's mum strongly suggested that wasnt the case). The academy director could be involved in selling the club to players and parents from the off. Make a concerted effort to keep these players.

Or alternatively we could do feck all and invite the top clubs to speak to the players.

I'm not saying we'd have been able to keep all our kids but when you read what the likes of luca Stephenson's parents had to say then there is clearly more we could do. And we may well have kept a couple of those that have left.

Refuse clubs access to our players (which is something we can do) is probably the number one thing we could do. We could even offer some of these kids a professional deal which I understand we havent been doing in some cases. We could make sure the academy is viewed (by youth players and parents) as being professionally which will give kids a great chance of making in professionally (luca Stephenson's mum strongly suggested that wasnt the case). The academy director could be involved in selling the club to players and parents from the off. Make a concerted effort to keep these players.

Or alternatively we could do feck all and invite the top clubs to speak to the players.

I'm not saying we'd have been able to keep all our kids but when you read what the likes of luca Stephenson's parents had to say then there is clearly more we could do. And we may well have kept a couple of those that have left.
I know some of your points are true regarding pro contracts as I have been reliably informed about those. See my response to Lord Alfred regarding refusing approaches and the issue of duty of care which I have been told.
However despite all that what the top top clubs can offer financially and opportunity wise is once in a lifetime that might never come along again. You have to try and grasp those as a result. We are losing players to Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd. If we were losing them to lesser clubs I would be very concerned and asking questions.
I dont know. Theres just no logic to actively trying to flog your best young'uns, it doesnt put you in any position to bargain for more money?

I think Luca would havd still went to Liverpool tbh, the pull of a club that big would have been too much to turn down.

Still think (in my opinion) that clubs tap players up thru agents and scouts mind.
Family representatives I do believe they are called! And yes without a doubt it goes on!

Last edited:

Perhaps I'm still missing the point then, the one that went to Arsenal is a better footballer at this moment in time and is further along with his development. If the kid was good enough he'd be in and around the first team - he clearly isn't at this moment in time.

It comes down to ability, if you haven't got it at any level you aren't getting near the first team. If you're leaving the club because some other kid isn't getting a game then you obviously don't think you're even as good as that person.

So we should just put kids on the bench for the sake of it? They've still got to be earning the place by performing well in the junior squads. Where I think we went wrong last season was signing too many squad players rather than having the likes of Robson and Embleton on the bench but then the club can't win because people (and I'm not saying you) clamour for us to have two players for every position otherwise we're under strength.

Yes. He played alright last year, he plays in a position were short and is a good message to other good youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back