Local lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's 'one mate' though. In the grander scheme of things it pales into insignificance no matter how poorly they were. You are letting your emotional attachment and that personal relationship rule your head, which may seem hard but true.

There is at least 60,000 suffering longcovid and they range from kids upwards and I'm talking previously healthy.

If you want to read some of the stories and updates of months with it, use #longcovid on Twitter. There are probably other ways of finding out info but that's one I saw after reading a news article about it.

All summer long some people have been on here - "I don't know anyone who has had it, nobody on my street has had it, it's overstated."

Then when people come forward - yeah, my young, fit mate is still fucked with it, I know two people who have died with it, the response is

'Well that's just 1 / 2 / 3 people, you're allowing emotion to cloud your judgment'.

I know 2 folk who've died of it. Pales into insignificance along with all the others I suppose.
Depends on what your interpretation of 'know' is and how many friends you have. Be rest assured they are less than 99.5%, so you must be a really popular bloke.

The Mrs is due to go away for the weekend with her mates from work.
So she can sit in a small office for 8 hours a day with them but not allowed to go to a pub or hotel with them?

All summer long some people have been on here - "I don't know anyone who has had it, nobody on my street has had it, it's overstated."

Then when people come forward - yeah, my young, fit mate is still fucked with it, I know two people who have died with it, the response is

'Well that's just 1 / 2 / 3 people, you're allowing emotion to cloud your judgment'.
But if everyone knows three people with it that’s the whole population. Christ we’re doomed.

Death rate average same as it was this time last month on what I’ve just checked like. More people getting tested so there’s going to be more cases. If people don’t need to go to hospital why do they so urgently need a test? Rest, recover and back to work for 99.9% of people.

Death rate average same as it was this time last month on what I’ve just checked like. More people getting tested so there’s going to be more cases. If people don’t need to go to hospital why do they so urgently need a test? Rest, recover and back to work for 99.9% of people.
It's probably the trendy thing to do for the young uns

So she can sit in a small office for 8 hours a day with them but not allowed to go to a pub or hotel with them?

Like the pub the office should have social distancing in place. They can't apply the household rule to work as work couldn't happen. And if that was the case loads would moan about the economy, so instead of a double whammy they are looking to minimise.

Last edited:

If she leaves the north east she can do as she pleases as long as under 6 people? Nothing makes sense

There will be some who need a negative to go back to work but I dare say there will be loads who have seen a boozer they have been to had someone positive in and want to check.

Loads wont have the luxury to just rest and recover, will just want to get back to work.

So they don’t have to miss 2 weeks of work without pay potentially and can get back in 2-3 days instead?

Reports last few days saying hospital admissions have risen since July. Theres a definite upward curve going on. Once that cold weathet kicks in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back