Local lockdown

How long are the new restrictions set to last? All seems a bit pointless when they are still piloting sports events and allowing other activities to go ahead, even if these aren't in our region.

I was good as good in full lockdown but no chance I’m being as stringent on this one.
I’ll gladly be visiting relatives and friends and my door is likewise open.
No way am I locking myself away again.

You aren’t well

You're correct. Won't be Covid though. Unless you can get it more than once?
How long are the new restrictions set to last? All seems a bit pointless when they are still piloting sports events and allowing other activities to go ahead, even if these aren't in our region.

Two weeks.
I was good as good in full lockdown but no chance I’m being as stringent on this one.
I’ll gladly be visiting relatives and friends and my door is likewise open.
No way am I locking myself away again.

Covid marshalls will be onto you marra.

so, I can't see my mate for a beer, can't car share to work, but can be in the same office and share the same digs 4 days a week?

or are we not allowed to share digs?

it's not working for me I'm afraid.

Only time I’m 2m away from anyone at school is when I first arrive at 7.30am on a morning
The biggest problem in schools is this. There is no social distancing and no plan B for when it all goes pear shaped. I've been saying for months that the government should be utilising unused space such as empty offices, hotel conference facilities, sports halls etc to provide schools with additional accommodation so that kids can be spaced out.

Good to see so many people supporting a massive suckerpunch for all the local bars and restaurants already massively impacted this year. Sure their workers with reduced hours will agree with you.
These measures are designed to avoid a harsher lockdown imposed on the region by Westminster. In that scenario bars and restaurants would be closed. I know which of the two scenarios they would prefer.

In all seriousness does anyone know or is it just 10pm curfew? Our lass works in one and surely they can't just be business as usual as guidelines are not being followed.

No one knows yet, but in other regions they are takeaway only again, so wouldn’t be unfair to assume we’d be the same

Tell that to my mate. Since he's had it (and he didn't end up in hospital) he's gone from a fit lad that played 5 a side couple of times a week to struggling to get his breath when going up stairs. Been struggling for four months. But aye, nowt to worry about.
That's 'one mate' though. In the grander scheme of things it pales into insignificance no matter how poorly they were. You are letting your emotional attachment and that personal relationship rule your head, which may seem hard but true.

That's 'one mate' though. In the grander scheme of things it pales into insignificance no matter how poorly they were. You are letting your emotional attachment and that personal relationship rule your head, which may seem hard but true.

It isn’t just one mate at all. There are plenty of people who were fit and healthy adversely impacted by the virus. You can add my parents to the list as well, so that makes 3.

I know 2 folk who've died of it. Pales into insignificance along with all the others I suppose.

Back