Local football cancelled again from Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to a few Northern League grounds this season and the measures are spot on. Everyone following the rules, staying apart. Only 2 or 3 people allowed in club house at 1 time, only 1 person in toilet at 1 time.

Maximum capacity of 300 so everyone is spread out around the ground. Track and trace in place.

It's unfortunate all that will come to a stop for the next few weeks when the clubs and fans have done everything by the book.
I agree with you and there are clubs who are meticulous in ensuring the safety of all involved. Unfortunately, it seems the government and our local councils are having to make more stringent decisions than would otherwise be called for due to ignorant individuals, groups and some larger organisations undermining the stirling efforts of others.

I agree with you and there are clubs who are meticulous in ensuring the safety of all involved. Unfortunately, it seems the government and our local councils are having to make more stringent decisions than would otherwise be called for due to ignorant individuals, groups and some larger organisations undermining the stirling efforts of others.
It's interesting to see local clubs still advertising home games this weekend on twitter, even though official guidance advises against going to watch semi-pro or amateur sports in the north east.

It's interesting to see local clubs still advertising home games this weekend on twitter, even though official guidance advises against going to watch semi-pro or amateur sports in the north east.
Durham FA have announced games at step 6 and above can go ahead. It took them three attempts to get the correct message out though....
I am thinking about going to Willington tomorrow to watch Whickham but not sure it will be ok to do so
Get yourself there, I'm at Shields. As long as the club are responsible then you should be fine

1 parent per playing child permitted according to my sons team. No shouting and masks to be worn at all times
Up at Meadowfield Leisure Centre, some of the parents just sit in their cars , perhaps listening to the radio or reading the local newspaper, until full time.

Madness how you can still book and play at Goals like.
Had the bairn up at gosforth for his under 8s today in the league was surprised to see grown blokes playing 5 a side at the same time. Hardly organised sport for them. Zero reason to be cancelling organised football if this is the set up. Never got within 6 foot of a different family personally. Kids obviously made contact with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back