Local football cancelled again from Monday?

If only people actually did what they were told.....

I was all for this, but it’s at the point now where no one really knows what they should or shouldn’t be doing.

My local city is heaving all the time, barely anyone wears masks and there’s no sign of a spike.. surely meeting with mates is no different?

The thing that annoys me about this is it pushes going to the matches further back.

If only people actually did what they were told.....

Does the virus know when people are rebelling like?
I mean, if someone turns-up to watch a bairn's football match then develops symptoms, will they not spread to others as much as if 7 people attended a BBQ?
Hundreds of people gathering in offices is fine but six people anywhere is illegal

Could not make it up

Barmy isn't it? You can't go to your sibling's birthday party with 5 others for example but 6 of you can go to a boozer and mix with 200.
I'll be attending the bairn's game in the Russell Foster League on Saturday morning and dare say there'll be a few hundred there due to all the game being played. That's alright then.

Last edited:
New rules from Monday reducing 30 people down to 6 people making all local football cancelled until further notice.

No football capacities have been 300 so I doubt the 30 to 6 rule will make a difference to that.

It’s more to do with groups of friends meeting up

It’s says organised Covid-secure team sports. Don’t think local stuff is that.

I think that will include the likes of Russell Foster, Wearside league etc because the league and clubs have to have risk assessments and othet stuff in place.
Hundreds of people gathering in offices is fine but six people anywhere is illegal

Could not make it up

Aye and at the same time trying to force people back into offices, clogging public transport more. Heard plenty of examples of bus drivers letting more on than they should too.

Batshit.

Last edited:
It’s says organised Covid-secure team sports. Don’t think local stuff is that.
My kids have played a few times in pre-season friendlies. It will most likely be got around by having to scan a qr code to access the playing field.

Back