Local football cancelled again from Monday?

It’s not mate, some of it is going to be regulations. The no mixing of households in gardens and homes, table service in pubs and opening of pubs will all be brought into law.

you don't have to mix if you are going to a northern league game. more than enough space for everyone to be spread out

they clearly ignored then with over 100 there
If that is the case, Whickham ought to be ashamed of themselves. Have they not learned anything from the Dubmire Workingmen's Club debacle? I understand that around 62 people caught covid-19 when 300 descended on the club following a charity football match. As fans tend to drink before, during and after games, shouldn't this game have been played without supporters in order to keep the majority of people safe e.g. children, grandparents, those that work for a living, the vulnerable etc?

If that is the case, Whickham ought to be ashamed of themselves. Have they not learned anything from the Dubmire Workingmen's Club debacle? I understand that around 62 people caught covid-19 when 300 descended on the club following a charity football match. As fans tend to drink before, during and after games, shouldn't this game have been played without supporters in order to keep the majority of people safe e.g. children, grandparents, those that work for a living, the vulnerable etc?
130 there well spread out.

130 there well spread out.
It's too sim[plistic to say that. What about walking to the ground, entering the turnstiles, going to the toilets, going for a fag, eating, coughing, leaving, walking away from the ground, going into a local pub for a drink, getting a bus or taxi (my brother, a taxi driver, nearly died of covid-19). The fact of the matter is, with the upsurge in infections we've seen recently, any mix of people for events is likely to be more risky than is worth the bother. I certainly wouldn't go.

Rules seem to say try to avoid being a spectator, so I assume you drop the kids off and pick them up after the game.

I maybe wrong but arent their certain younger age groups where parents or guardians have to stay.

We are waiting for some guidance from Northumberland FA on what is happening.

My 15 year son has a fractured wrist at the moment so cant play but is a qualified ref and has 4 matches this weekend - He will gutted if it's off as its worth 50 quid for him

It's too sim[plistic to say that. What about walking to the ground, entering the turnstiles, going to the toilets, going for a fag, eating, coughing, leaving, walking away from the ground, going into a local pub for a drink, getting a bus or taxi (my brother, a taxi driver, nearly died of covid-19). The fact of the matter is, with the upsurge in infections we've seen recently, any mix of people for events is likely to be more risky than is worth the bother. I certainly wouldn't go.
Well there was one way systems in place, you had to track and trace using a phone app, temperature took at turnstile, one person at a time in cafe, sanitiser available.
Or perhaps the club could just be allowed to die.

I've been to a few Northern League grounds this season and the measures are spot on. Everyone following the rules, staying apart. Only 2 or 3 people allowed in club house at 1 time, only 1 person in toilet at 1 time.

Maximum capacity of 300 so everyone is spread out around the ground. Track and trace in place.

It's unfortunate all that will come to a stop for the next few weeks when the clubs and fans have done everything by the book.

I maybe wrong but arent their certain younger age groups where parents or guardians have to stay.

We are waiting for some guidance from Northumberland FA on what is happening.

My 15 year son has a fractured wrist at the moment so cant play but is a qualified ref and has 4 matches this weekend - He will gutted if it's off as its worth 50 quid for him

He’s underselling himself if he’s only taking £50 away for 4 matches.

Back