LNER apologize

No it doesn't, it makes me look like someone up for debate on a forum constructed for exactly that purpose.

ps. Lookng as soft as shite to just you will not really effect my life, but I think you know that.

This forum is our (me, the missus and a mate) chill out area when we need a break from work...none of us take it to bed with us. Does that make us look like uncaring Tory's?
You’re always offended man. Aren’t you an old bloke as well?

The Mrs has a couple of non binary kids at school who want to be referred to as “they” instead of her or something like that
Our lass is fed up with it already and thinks it only going to get worse.
This country is fecked

... I give you Sheriff Fatman!
One person that was mildly annoyed is screwing society? You really think we’re that fragile? Speak for yourself mate.

Its symptomatic of a wider trend. You either have to look through the differences and use completely neutral language or acknowledge the differences and adapt your language accordingly. If you called out a couple of queers years ago, you were a homophobe. In this instance, not doing so gets you in trouble. No one has a f***ing clue which way to go so the only safe action is to say nothing and resort to communicating via an app.

Drive in Saturday by Bowie was prophetic.
Ladies, Gentlemen and 01000011 01110101 01101110 01110100 01110011

Can't be arsed to translate those ascii codes, but the first one looks like a "c" and it's five letters.

Last edited:
You’re crying over this on multiple threads. Are you scared of lasses as well?
So I have a forum double now :D and don't forget the multiple log ins...see Nobby for info on that fantasy 👍 Nearly forgot, I'm not old...ask Dogbark, he gave me my forum age, which is 50 years younger than I really am ..miracle workers, the lot of you.

Last edited:
Will this get you a forum ban in the future? Let's just ban language now and Grunt at each other!

The media really need to stop giving freaks like him attention, and companies need to stop apologising too, as this just encourages these attention whores to keep doing it.

It'd be great to see just one company have the balls to tell them to fuck off, instead of being spineless cowards.

The media really need to stop giving freaks like him attention, and companies need to stop apologising too, as this just encourages these attention whores to keep doing it.

It'd be great to see just one company have the balls to tell them to fuck off, instead of being spineless cowards.
The worry is that they said in reply to the complaint that the announcer shouldn't have said it. Does this mean a polite introduction no longer exists? Yes it does, if only just one railway company. If the pandering cringng response was supposed to make the company more attractive, it failed.

The games continue: Common sense v Woke.

I've seen this news item 3 times on these boards, but not once during my otherwise internet perusal.

One person making their chops go, amplified through boards such as this. Non story.

... I give you Sheriff Fatman!

Its symptomatic of a wider trend. You either have to look through the differences and use completely neutral language or acknowledge the differences and adapt your language accordingly. If you called out a couple of queers years ago, you were a homophobe. In this instance, not doing so gets you in trouble. No one has a f***ing clue which way to go so the only safe action is to say nothing and resort to communicating via an app.

All this identity politics is creating more divisions - that’s not the script.

Most people don’t give a flying fuck but they are now treading on eggshells to avoid offending someone , somewhere , sometime - an innocent remark can land good people in big trouble.

And the real victim is society itself.Folk simply won’t engage - they shouldn’t have to live a life in fear.

Minorities or people who are simply different have quite rightly asked for acceptance and tolerance for centuries. All the good work is likely to be destroyed by petty reactions. Life is messy for all of us.

Back