LNER apologize

Classic Daily Mail, find a nonsense story about a complete knacker to give gammons "all the proof they need".
I bit like when they find a "forriner" who is a criminal, meaning they all obviously are.

To be fair, he'd have saved himself a lot of time by saying "Good morning everyone"

Also Daily Mail - Off you fuck.
Also - I note they used "slammed" - Tabloid rag lingo if ever there was some
Mightn't identify as anyone. Thus that is also offensive.

That's how silly this is.
Classic Daily Mail, find a nonsense story about a complete knacker to give gammons "all the proof they need".
I bit like when they find a "forriner" who is a criminal, meaning they all obviously are.
Lner are a major, national company.
Lner are a major, national company.

TfL have gone as far as banning the phrase.

Last edited:
The poor bloke has a tough job, deals with the public. It would be so easy for him to just keep his head down and do the bare minimum, basically be a miserable git.

Instead he tries to do his job as best he can, clearly has a spot on attitude and engages the public positively. It sounds daft but if i was a bit down that morning the greeting could have picked me up a bit.

Imagine how he feels reading that apology. Probably wondering why the fuck he bothers.

The poor bloke has a tough job, deals with the public. It would be so easy for him to just keep his head down and do the bare minimum, basically be a miserable git.

Instead he tries to do his job as best he can, clearly has a spot on attitude and engages the public positively. It sounds daft but if i was a bit down that morning the greeting could have picked me up a bit.

Imagine how he feels reading that apology. Probably wondering why the fuck he bothers.
exactly, mental health etc works 2 ways. Id continue to do same announcement and let lner bring it to a head ( so to speak )

Aye it’s a hard life saying good morning into a microphone and selling Fanta. Poor bloke.

Oh no not one of them old blokes, they need to be euthanised at 50 with their old fashioned views.
What I meant is given his age he should have learned to understand how these people work. It would disappoint me if I was that socially unaware at his age that this stuff bothered me.if you think about the different aspects of this story it should amuse you rather than annoy you. Anyone getting annoyed by this really is lacking in awareness.

Complaint prompts apology, which feeds offense and cancel culture. Biggest crime is the time wasted over a term that is part of our language. Choosing to be offended is a becoming a cult obsession.
It always has been but was restricted to offended of Knightsbridge in letters to the Times. Language evolves as it always has and norms change. This sometimes gets highlighted in reports and is overblown. I don’t see it as pandering to the few but rather including all and certainly not something to get het up about.

You are what it says on your birth certificate,either boy or girl .Nothing more nothing less.You can't just say later on in life that you are neither one of the other.that'll make you an inbetweeny,and everyone knows it's only make believe.

The new announcement will be: Oi you lot...listen up!
In the Virgin Trains East Coast days, you always felt like they were one misjudged Friday afternoon marketing meeting away from something like this, or relabelling the toilets as "The Shitter"
I wish they’d apologize for their seats on the Azumas
DfT spec mate. So we can literally blame the Tories

Last edited:
train operator has come under fire after it apologised over a complaint from a non-binary passenger because the conductor greeted customers by saying 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.'

What a massive whopper he/she/it is

Embarrassing stuff. If only it had spoken to the conductor, instead of blading him in the back.
Desperate not to upset them/they/those. Bad publicity and all that. I know a lot of the senior management at LNER. They will be rolling their eyes harder than us at this.....

Back