Living on protein shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, isnt practically living on shakes like that juice plus diet?

My mate has crashed from his living on protein shakes and starting to eat loads again, seems like he is making up for lost time. He lost loads of strength, will find out more next time I see him.

Be getting significantly less micronutrients and shit than if he was doing JuicePlus, and I am not a fan of JuicePlus at all.

His strength should recover pretty quick though if he hasn't been doing this long. The problem will be if he's all out binging or attempting o eat more than previously to recoup the strength gains as he will get fatter.

My mate since 17th february has had 4 protein shakes a day without food and still trained. He did succumb to a pizza and then a chicken wrap on saturday night but for 10 days he has just been living on protein shakes. His strength has stayed the same and he has lost 5 pounds. This surely cant be recommended for him long term? I personally couldnt go a day without food and it would play on my mind training not eating for days.

Sounds f***ing sad to me

i haven't had any for ages it gave me a bad stomach and i just ended up eating far too many calories overall.
I'm trying to shift some timber and i'm on 2750 cals a day on a 40/30/30 macro split. Don't get anywhere near enough protein. Think I'll have 95g out of my 275g needed today.

I'm trying to shift some timber and i'm on 2750 cals a day on a 40/30/30 macro split. Don't get anywhere near enough protein. Think I'll have 95g out of my 275g needed today.
its easily the hardest part for me as i love eating pasta and bread as much as anything and protein costs a fortune to eat from food.

its easily the hardest part for me as i love eating pasta and bread as much as anything and protein costs a fortune to eat from food.
Same here, especially since my Mrs is veggie. We have pasta or rice with most evening meals. Try to have quorn when we are eating the same thing

The carbs are the hardest part for me. Tedious bastards. Getting enough protein and fat is easy.
if i could live next door to kfc I'd manage, i don't care what anyone says but fried chicken is the food zeus, thor, Allah and yaweh have when they meet once every million years.

if i could live next door to kfc I'd manage, i don't care what anyone says but fried chicken is the food zeus, thor, Allah and yaweh have when they meet once every million years.

f***ing love fried chicken me.

I could eat chicken, fish, steak, pork, lamb etc' all day. I just get sick of the taste of sweet potato, which is my staple carb source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back