Living on protein shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Live In Hope

My mate since 17th february has had 4 protein shakes a day without food and still trained. He did succumb to a pizza and then a chicken wrap on saturday night but for 10 days he has just been living on protein shakes. His strength has stayed the same and he has lost 5 pounds. This surely cant be recommended for him long term? I personally couldnt go a day without food and it would play on my mind training not eating for days.

For two months I had one cooked dinner a day and for breakfast and lunch had a pint of smoothie made of yogurt, oats, fruit and caffeine.

Hardly the same like but it was good for my running and saved time.

For two months I had one cooked dinner a day and for breakfast and lunch had a pint of smoothie made of yogurt, oats, fruit and caffeine.

Hardly the same like but it was good for my running and saved time.

Will my mate eventually have somekind of crash etc? I was cocky and said he would lose loads of strength within 4 or 5 days but he is proving me wrong :lol:

Will my mate eventually have somekind of crash etc? I was cocky and said he would lose loads of strength within 4 or 5 days but he is proving me wrong :lol:

Fuck knows. I was probably getting more nutritional value from the smoothies than from what I'd normally have for lunch.

That's really retarded. Is it just a standard whey shake, around 100kcal?

Yeah, the strength and lean body mass losses will come.

He might be getting a load of protien but what about all the other nutrients he's missing out on? he'll end up with scurvy

That's really retarded. Is it just a standard whey shake, around 100kcal?

Yeah, the strength and lean body mass losses will come.
Pretty much aye, its just a standard one from my protein. Personally dont know how a human being can not eat food at least twice a day, never mind 2 pieces of food in 10 days the idiot :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1393509959][/DOUBLEPOST]
He might be getting a load of protien but what about all the other nutrients he's missing out on? he'll end up with scurvy
Hope so :lol:

Pretty much aye, its just a standard one from my protein. Personally dont know how a human being can not eat food at least twice a day, never mind 2 pieces of food in 10 days the idiot :lol:

His lean body mass and strength losses will likely be accompanied by labido/erection problems then. I imagine he's not getting any essentially fatty acids either? You know, those things that are labelled essential for a reason :lol:

I'd strongly urge him against persevering with this.

Don't they say too when you do diets like that, your metabolism can slow down as well.

Meaning your body gets use to it and the weight loss then might not come so easily.[DOUBLEPOST=1393513069][/DOUBLEPOST]I've heard of people doing this before,

...You are going to eat tuna and water for three days. You see, only the strong shall survive.

Psyche up. Starting Monday you will be consuming water by the jugs — 2-4 liters a day — and 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight in six equal servings throughout the day. Back this with your vitamins and minerals two times a day, branch chain aminos before and after your workouts and a nightly portion of Metamucil for fiber.

http://www.davedraper.com/article19-high-protein.html

I always wondered about the tuna, I thought one wasn't suppose to have too much tuna ever because of meercury but maybe it is taken out of the fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
His lean body mass and strength losses will likely be accompanied by labido/erection problems then. I imagine he's not getting any essentially fatty acids either? You know, those things that are labelled essential for a reason :lol:

I'd strongly urge him against persevering with this.
I am trying to urge him to keep it up so he sees what an idiot he is :lol:

I've always wondered what would happen if one went cold turkey eating only low calorie veggies, brocolli, spinach, maybe some tomatoes, etc. Would one just start shedding weight? They still say it's not good to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week.

I've read diet plans that say eat all the vegetables you want. Of course, I don't know myself.

I've always wondered what would happen if one went cold turkey eating only low calorie veggies, brocolli, spinach, maybe some tomatoes, etc. Would one just start shedding weight? They still say it's not good to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week.

I've read diet plans that say eat all the vegetables you want. Of course, I don't know myself.

Yep. You'd also lose a lot of lean body mass if you did it for long enough.

Very low calorie diets have their place, but they need to be well designed and appropriately applied.

What is he trying to achieve the silly kernt?

He is about 14 stone, well built but needs to cut to get the great physique he could achieve. Instead he thinks living on protein shakes will take all the excess body fat down and will give him 6 pack :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back