Live streaming platform unveiled for global EFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's cos we're not in the third round :(

That is the crying part, the sadly amusing bit is the silly number of matches shown on the odd occasion we aren't in the third round. Am probably just a bit miffed about us not in this round but thirty-two matches in one week-end seems borderline overkill to me. Wouldn't even be able to watch three minutes of each if I could be arsed to.
Let's hope that we don't play ANY FA Cup matches in 2020, eh lads.

I shall take with me that approach to it all. :)

Last edited:
Viaplay are showing all thirty-two FA Cup matches live here this week-end. Sixty-four teams and we aren't one of them. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

It has come to the point where I'm just happy I shall not have to watch us get beat by some random Championship club reserve team.

Having said that, nice to see some improvements in performances and results of (very) late. Let's hope for a nice 2020.

A happy new year to all, but to you especially, and a continued thank you for your updates. God save the Queen. You can pick and choose her nationality.

Last edited:
It has come to the point where I'm just happy I shall not have to watch us get beat by some random Championship club reserve team.

Having said that, nice to see some improvements in performances and results of (very) late. Let's hope for a nice 2020.

A happy new year to all, but to you especially, and a continued thank you for your updates. God save the Queen. You can pick and choose her nationality.

:lol:
Is Viaplay a PPV service, Alex? Waht does it cost to watch the footy ?

Had to think about that for a second. I think I will say it is a streaming site but more like the BBC iPlayer than say Netflix or HBO Nordic. Or perhaps a mix of the two. It is owned by Viasat the telly company and they have several telly channels here. The series, movies and sports they have on their telly channels are also available on Viaplay. With the added extras like football matches or other sports they have the broadcasting rights to but can't fit into the telly schedule. Like the FA Cup this week-end, a lot of the matches are shown at the same time but that would be impossible to have on the telly, of course, so they are all shown on Viaplay and the ones they can fit onto the telly are shown both places. Same with PL matches, the ones they can't fit into the telly schedule they show on Viaplay as well. And CL matches and stuff.

If you get your TV package from Viasat, Viaplay comes free with your TV channels. But you can also sign up for Viaplay without having to buy the TV package. Doing that they have three different set-ups, probably to make it easier for people with different interests. There is the Viasat Film & Series option for 99 kroner, the Sports option for 309 kroner and then the two combined for 339.

Last edited:
:lol:

Had to think about that for a second. I think I will say it is a streaming site but more like the BBC iPlayer than say Netflix or HBO Nordic. Or perhaps a mix of the two. It is owned by Viasat the telly company and they have several telly channels here. The series, movies and sports they have on their telly channels are also available on Viaplay. With the added extras like football matches or other sports they have the broadcasting rights to but can't fit into the telly schedule. Like the FA Cup this week-end, a lot of the matches are shown at the same time but that would be impossible to have on the telly, of course, so they are all shown on Viaplay and the ones they can fit onto the telly are shown both places. Same with PL matches, the ones they can't fit into the telly schedule they show on Viaplay as well. And CL matches and stuff.

If you get your TV package from Viasat, Viaplay comes free with your TV channels. But you can also sign up for Viaplay without having to buy the TV package. Doing that they have three different set-ups, probably to make it easier for people with different interests. There is the Viasat Film & Series option for 99 kroner, the Sports option for 309 kroner and then the two combined for 339.
Am i right in thinking they don't show championship games? i looked at subscribing with a VPN but would've been just for EFL games

Am i right in thinking they don't show championship games? i looked at subscribing with a VPN but would've been just for EFL games

They show matches from the Championship as well though not every match. Two matches on tonight.

Okay, thanks. These days I'd rather have it on the safc channel, but hey ho.

And it can now again be an uplifting experience watching us :)

Are you coming over for the international fans day? (Ipswich)?

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. These days I'd rather have it on the safc channel, but hey ho.

And it can now again be an uplifting experience watching us :)

Are you coming over for the international fans day? (Ipswich)?

Sadly not. Have a few dates left of my Winter tour around that time so will miss out, am afraid. Hoping there will be another one late August / early September when am in the area anyway. I like the sound of it all though. Are you going ?

Not sure the match will be on the club channel if it is shown on the telly.

Sadly not. Have a few dates left of my Winter tour around that time so will miss out, am afraid. Hoping there will be another one late August / early September when am in the area anyway. I like the sound of it all though. Are you going ?

Not sure the match will be on the club channel if it is shown on the telly.

It wont be on the club channel, no.

I'll be attending the Ipswich match. Joining up with the Danish-Irish branch for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back