LGBT Lessons for young children

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one lesson. And it's about helping understanding and acceptance, something the parents could clearly do with a f***ing ton of.
Children in primary schools now are far more likely to know friends with same sex parents than ever before.
They need to know who anyone who thinks this is "wrong" is a bigot. They need to know that there's nothing wrong with being gay.
They are kids. As soon as the get into the play ground they'll be calling each other non binary bellends. Everyone knows it's wrong to be racist, homophobic etc but it still goes on. Kids are taught about drugs, they know every nickname, slang term for drugs from a young age yet they still go and take drugs. These lessons will make no difference at all.

They are kids. As soon as the get into the play ground they'll be calling each other non binary bellends. Everyone knows it's wrong to be racist, homophobic etc but it still goes on. Kids are taught about drugs, they know every nickname, slang term for drugs from a young age yet they still go and take drugs. These lessons will make no difference at all.

I don’t think comparing kids knowing the names of drugs then deciding to take drugs with using hateful language even though they know it’s wrong makes any sense at all mate.

Well maybe the parents could do with them.
Where do you think kids do the rest of their learning? At home. They listen to their parents. Their views are shaped by their experiences.

If they're at home and their parents are calling gay people all the names under the sun, they'll begin to think that being gay is wrong.
Can you imagine being a lad or lass from a Muslim family who's gay? Who know they're gay but are faced with this kind of prejudice?

I don’t think comparing kids knowing the names of drugs then deciding to take drugs with using hateful language even though they know it’s wrong makes any sense at all mate.

It doesn't, but I had to try and bring him back around to the topic of conversation

Aye, but a wrang un always finds their way around these things, these people are determined fuckwits :)
Reminds me of the South Park episode where Mr Garrison finds out he can sue the school for millions of he gets sacked for being gay. He ends up doing stuff like shoving a gerbil up his boyfriends arse infront of the kids as part of Sex Ed.

Surely this can wait until secondary school. Reading and writing skills are more important than this.

I had sex education at primary school in the 90s, it didn't seem all that controversial.
This was back when discussing gays in schools was literally illegal because of Section 28

Last edited:
Grateful to have had a childhood with some semblance of innocence. Feels like the world is run by the creepy uncle who keeps asking kids if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend yet.

Kids must of changed since I was a young'un, kids are horrible little bassas in the play yard, its survival of the fittest in the playground, everyone is fair game to take the mick out of, its nothing to do with the parents as kids will naturally work out the strength and weaknesses off the other kids and use that against them when they have to
Subtle though it might be there is a difference between name calling and piss taking as opposed to discriminating actively. Of course kids can be horrible to one another but they rarely hate one another on the basis of race, religion, disability, sex or sexuality.
My son and his mates couldn't give a damn about those things. He does take the micky about who your footballing allegiance is, favourite footie player etc but even then( we live in Coventry) he doesn't dislike kids because of it and is even good mates with a mag!

I would want to remove my kids from hearing this bullshit propaganda but what’s the point if enough kids still take the lesson it’s gonna get around school and you’ll not keep your kids from it so !

If it’s all natural there’s no need to promote it and that’s what’s happening now !

I’m all for tolerance but unequally promoting it isn’t fair !

It's important that kids get taught not to discriminate and I wouldn't have a problem with it being taught to my son but, truth be told, kids are generally very accepting and don't naturally discriminate at that age. They're taught to be prejudiced, it's largely a nurture issue rather than a nature one. It's probably the parents, regardless of background, that would benefit most from such education!
Spot on....

I would want to remove my kids from hearing this bullshit propaganda but what’s the point if enough kids still take the lesson it’s gonna get around school and you’ll not keep your kids from it so !

If it’s all natural there’s no need to promote it and that’s what’s happening now !

I’m all for tolerance but unequally promoting it isn’t fair !

Clearly it's you who need the classes more than the kids.
It's not a case of "promoting" anything. It's ensuring that children know that how they feel IF they are LGBT is not wrong, or unnatural.

As Stonewall say "Some people are gay. Get over it".

Won't dyslexic children find LGBT lessons difficult ?

It's an acronym marra. So long as they're all in there. I'm sure they'll cope.

Was amazed at the lads that decided they were gay over the summer between GCSEs and college.

I think the word you're searching for is possibly "realised".
Or more to the point, felt comfortable that they could be themselves at college, rather than conforming and keeping their heads down while at school

Probably missed the boat on this one, but I find it concerning that some Islamic groups are refusing to accept LGBT people.

From the BBC article:

"Fundamentally the issue we have with No Outsiders is that it is changing our children's moral position on family values on sexuality and we are a traditional community.

"Morally we do not accept homosexuality as a valid sexual relationship to have. It's not about being homophobic... that's like saying, if you don't believe in Islam, you're Islamophobic."

Fundamentally you can fuck off, you religious nutbag freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back