Let’s not panic

Mate, we have to win all our remaining games. We really need other teams to drop points as we won’t get max points, so for me it is out of our hands.
We beat Wigan on Tuesday night and we are 2 points behind Peterborough with 6 games to play. Beat wigan convincingly and the whole mood changes again. Football is the most fickle game in world. Imagine someone had offered you that after Shrewsbury. The lads have been brilliant since then. We go again

Before this weekend I had us loosing ground over the coming three or four games but catching up in the last group of games. I had Charlton down as a point and the other two winning. Beat Wigan and things look quite a lot better.

I think it will go down to the last two games. Theres no chance Peterborough won't lose at least one imo. The next few games are tough but we have the 'easier' last two than Hull and Peterborough. Might go up automatically or win it at the SoL on the last day of the season yet.

It's up for grabs. The last game was disappointing, those two chances Wyke had, the two goals they scored.
I don't want to see us in the play offs but Posh have some difficult games and the jewel in our crown is a result against Hull.
Hopefully.
And if we don't do it, and with all the players we have out of contract, how long does LJ have ?
A serious question. A squad we would have to rebuild, two seasons maximum?

and be realistic we’re still in with a huge chance of achieving automatic promotion.

However I do believe LJ needs to find his best 11, preferred formation, trust it and stick with it for the remaining games/run in. We have nothing to fear, it’s automatic or play offs, IMO shit or bust so set up attacking from the off and bar injuries stick to it.

Lastly 09 has been truly awesome but if Wright is fit get him back in and push 09 into midfield or wingback.

keep the faith lads, we’re in a super position.
No chance now. We HAVE to win our two games in hand and beat HULL away to just go above them. Then we have to match or improve on their results.

Playoffs for us and more f***ing heartache, while we rely on shite like Wyke, McFadz... whatever it is, Power, O’Brien yada yada yada to drag us through! Needs a big f***ing clear out next season.

I’m starting to think, WTF have I just renewed my S/T for????? looking at what we have to do to not be in this league next season.🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
and be realistic we’re still in with a huge chance of achieving automatic promotion.

However I do believe LJ needs to find his best 11, preferred formation, trust it and stick with it for the remaining games/run in. We have nothing to fear, it’s automatic or play offs, IMO shit or bust so set up attacking from the off and bar injuries stick to it.

Lastly 09 has been truly awesome but if Wright is fit get him back in and push 09 into midfield or wingback.

keep the faith lads, we’re in a super position.
When I panic, I panic. Which, to clarify, is never....

He needs to look at himself aswell. Trying to be too clever lately in his team selections.
your the 3rd bloke who said that today, i said on day 1 HE IS NOT the guy for us, same ilk as JR, bottles it under pressure.
Look i love this club more than anything outside my family, but im a realist, the fans squirmed at Parky joining on the cheap, LJ cost only a tad more.
In footy you only get a short space of time to get it right, if we bollocks it over the next 2 games, we will struggle in the playoffs.
I think if that happens he will jack in before he gets pushed. this is just IMHO

your the 3rd bloke who said that today, i said on day 1 HE IS NOT the guy for us, same ilk as JR, bottles it under pressure.
Look i love this club more than anything outside my family, but im a realist, the fans squirmed at Parky joining on the cheap, LJ cost only a tad more.
In footy you only get a short space of time to get it right, if we bollocks it over the next 2 games, we will struggle in the playoffs.
I think if that happens he will jack in before he gets pushed. this is just IMHO
This is an incredibly harsh viewpoint. Hes a young manager who managed in the Championship for 4 years and was the longest serving manager at one point. That suggests he has something about him.
Jack Ross came here after a couple of seasons in Scotland with zero knowledge of English football. LJ is a different level from this.
Weve lost 1 game in 15 with barely a fit defender and Mcfadzean and Burge both playing. The manager deserves some credit ffs
He needs to look at himself aswell. Trying to be too clever lately in his team selections.
Hows he being too clever? Do you just suggest he plays the same team week in and week out

Last edited:
Pushed? :lol: LJ has turned us around. Injuries on top, and still turned Wyke into a goal machine, got AM back on top form, and you can see it matters to the players now.IF we fall short of top 2 it will be because he came in too late. He's being a breath of fresh air man.This place is truly mental at times. All about opinions i suppose but i don't understand your thoughts at all. Let's hope we get back on track for top 2. Christ, i got hammered for saying we would make the playoffs before he came in.

Pushed? :lol: LJ has turned us around. Injuries on top, and still turned Wyke into a goal machine, got AM back on top form, and you can see it matters to the players now.IF we fall short of top 2 it will be because he came in too late. He's being a breath of fresh air man.This place is truly mental at times. All about opinions i suppose but i don't understand your thoughts at all. Let's hope we get back on track for top 2. Christ, i got hammered for saying we would make the playoffs before he came in.
Mate there will be nobody more horned up than me, as i said its my opinion and after seeing what i have seen since he came here, i think he will bottle it like Sat gone with that team selection
This is an incredibly harsh viewpoint. Hes a young manager who managed in the Championship for 4 years and was the longest serving manager at one point. That suggests he has something about him.
Jack Ross came here after a couple of seasons in Scotland with zero knowledge of English football. LJ is a different level from this.
Weve lost 1 game in 15 with barely a fit defender and Mcfadzean and Burge both playing. The manager deserves some credit ffs

Hows he being too clever? Do you just suggest he plays the same team week in and week out
as i have said its just my opinionim not slagging him off i just think its to big a job for him,

Last edited:

Back