Let’s not panic

Think we'll beat Wigan, draw at Blackpool and then beat Hull over the next 3 games 🤔... really fancy us to beat Hull.

Hopefully win all 3 to set up a battle of nerve finale...much prefer us playing away as think it suits us with teams coming onto us.

be realistic we’re still in with a huge chance of achieving automatic promotion.
Mate, we're not.
After the Portsmouth game we were, but since then we've let Peterborough gain a 5 point lead on us making that game in hand way less useful than it was.
Catching up with Hull, whilst possible, is a huge task.
People go on about winning our remaining games (most of which look hard games), we've not won seven on the bounce all season, there's absolutely nothing to suggest we'll go on to do so now.
The Lincoln and Charlton games were ones we really needed to win.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can't see us in anything other than the Play Offs.

Cool as a cucumber here, I know we have done class since LJ came in and if we don’t get promoted (as it goes I think we will) I know we will smash this league next year

everyone just chill the fuck out eh!

You do know that if we win every game we will finish above Hull so it won’t matter what Peterborough do don’t you?
Yeah, but in all honesty, I don't see us winning all games. Our performances have been slowly getting worse, and we have teams who are in forn and scoring goals for fun.
I'd snap your hands off for 2nd now. Still believing we can get it, but feel we also need Posh to start dropping points, rather than it solely relying on us now.

Still all to play for.....will we do it though????????
I believe we will go up automatic, twists and turns still yet to come. Yesterday was our week to drop points IMO it will happen to both Hull & Posh. We go again.
I didn't know whether we would or not. I do know that losing today, coupled with Hull and Peterborough's results, tilts the balance in their favour very significantly. We have a chance, but by no means a 'huge' chance of automatic.
It’s a 3 horse race so we’re in with a huge chance of automatic we just have to reset and go again. We’re more than capable.

Last edited:
I believe we will go up automatic, twists and turns still yet to come. Yesterday was our week to drop points IMO it will happen to both Hull & Posh. We go again.

It’s a 3 horse race so we’re in with a huge chance of automatic we just have to reset and go again. We’re more than capable.
The next few weeks will determine what sort of a manager and squad we really have.

Yeah reset and go again....that's the way.

Yeah, but in all honesty, I don't see us winning all games. Our performances have been slowly getting worse, and we have teams who are in forn and scoring goals for fun.
I'd snap your hands off for 2nd now. Still believing we can get it, but feel we also need Posh to start dropping points, rather than it solely relying on us now.
I think you may be a bit confused between the facts and your feelings. If we win all our games we go up - fact. If we finish above Peterborough then they will have to drop points - fact. You said that we needed to win all our games and hope that Peterborough dropped points - that is not fact.
The next few weeks will determine what sort of a manager and squad we really have.

Yeah reset and go again....that's the way.
Totally agree. If we beat Wigan on Tuesday, then we are 2 points off promotion with 6 games to go. We won’t be big favourites, but we won’t be big outsiders either!

Last edited:
I think you may be a bit confused between the facts and your feelings. If we win all our games we go up - fact. If we finish above Peterborough then they will have to drop points - fact. You said that we needed to win all our games and hope that Peterborough dropped points - that is not fact.

Totally agree. If we beat Wigan on Tuesday, then we are 2 points off promotion with 6 games to go. We won’t be big favourites, but we won’t be big outsiders either!
I didn't say we would win all our games and Peterbrough would drop points.
I said I can't see us winning all our games, which means we need Peterbrough to drop points as well.
We are 5 behind them with only 1 game in hand. So even if we win all our games, we have to hope they don't, as they will finish 2 points ahead (if they won all theirs as well)

Johnson blaming players he picked without acknowledging he probably got it wrong doesn’t auger well for squad harmony which imo judging body language lately isn’t as good as it was

The whole 'in your own hands' thing is massively overstated anyway.

I'd far rather be a point behind Hull, same number of games played, without them still to play (meaning it wasn't in our own hands) than where we are now.

'In our own hands' only counts if we now go and win 7 games in a row.

We haven't done that since 2005 under Mick McCarthy and with the run in we have, I'd be amazed if we did it now.

I didn't say we would win all our games and Peterbrough would drop points.
I said I can't see us winning all our games, which means we need Peterbrough to drop points as well.
We are 5 behind them with only 1 game in hand. So even if we win all our games, we have to hope they don't, as they will finish 2 points ahead (if they won all theirs as well)
Sorry, don’t wish to argue with you, but I didn’t say that you had said we would win all our games. You said that we “have to win all our games and hope Posh drop points” and that’s what I was commenting on. You are repeating it again by saying that “even if we win all our games, we have to hope they don’t”. If we win all our games then it doesn’t matter a rats arse what Peterborough do as we will finish above Hull and be promoted.

I think what you mean is that you think we won’t finish above Hull and therefore we need Peterborough to drop more points than we do to have a chance of promotion. This is fair enough, but it’s not what you have actually said.

Put simply if we don’t beat Hull then we are very unlikely to finish above them, and we would then be relying on Peterborough dropping at least 5 points.
The whole 'in your own hands' thing is massively overstated anyway.

I'd far rather be a point behind Hull, same number of games played, without them still to play (meaning it wasn't in our own hands) than where we are now.

'In our own hands' only counts if we now go and win 7 games in a row.

We haven't done that since 2005 under Mick McCarthy and with the run in we have, I'd be amazed if we did it now.
I agree with this. Hull are playing without pressure because we’ve never been close to them. If we were 2 points behind them having played the same games, then they know they can’t slip up and the pressure grows.

Last edited:
I think we’ll finish 3rd , would have grabbed that 3 month back . LJ has done well but must stop tinkering for these remaining games , good teams stick with the same 11 week in and out , when can

Back