Let’s be controversial

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we don’t go up it’s abject failure.

Barnsley have managed it despite a higher player turnover, being relegated and having a manager new to English football all excuses given to Ross for not securing automatic promotion.

Oh and that was done on a pittance in comparison to what Ross has had.

I think the difference is Barnsley's squad was pretty settled in pre season. We essentially had Honeyman, Gooch, Maja, Matthews, an injured McGeady and the maybe departing Oviedo and Cattermole. We've had to sign a lot of starters in a matter of weeks.

If we don't go up this season they this year has been a failure. To get to 2 cup finals and win neither will be shocking and would make this one of the worst seasons in our history. If people are proud of that than our club is doomed and the losing mentality will never leave the club. It's not something a great club like ours should except. It's embarrassing to be in League One and it's a disgrace that people are enjoying it. Do you think Keane, Clough, Hurley, Shackleton, Carter, Gurney or Stokoe would expect this? Would they shite! If we lose on Sunday the players should be ashamed of themselves and look at themselves and ask 'Am I good enough to play for SAFC?' Some of us will say yes because we accept mediocre players because they try. Losers try - winners win!

As Bill Shankly said 'First is first, second is nowhere.'

That how you be controversial.

If we don’t go up, I’m, for the first time in years, very proud of our team.

It’s been a really long and tough season, we’ve come a long way since that Charlton game.

The lads has never, not once, gave up.

Quality and consistency has been lacking but I’d never, never criticise a player who grafts.

All round, players, staff, and most of all, fans. All been class.

Let’s enjoy Sunday, as we did Checkatrade trophy’s.

If it’s L1 next year, fine. We finally have some foundations and I’m confident we have the right team and club to be successful.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but we can’t have come a long way since beating Charlton if we lose to them on Sunday

I think the difference is Barnsley's squad was pretty settled in pre season. We essentially had Honeyman, Gooch, Maja, Matthews, an injured McGeady and the maybe departing Oviedo and Cattermole. We've had to sign a lot of starters in a matter of weeks.
It couldn’t have been that settled they had more comings and goings than we did.

If we don’t go up it’s abject failure.

Barnsley have managed it despite a higher player turnover, being relegated and having a manager new to English football all excuses given to Ross for not securing automatic promotion.

Oh and that was done on a pittance in comparison to what Ross has had.
They only had 2 new signings starting regularly for them in Bahre and Pinillos, whilst we had 7. Although their manager seems to have done a decent job.

Not really, most of their core was settled

Davies

Cavare
Pinnock
Lindsay
Pinillos - New Signing

McGeehan
Mowatt

Thiam
Bahre - New Signing

Moore
Brown

Lindsay, Pinnock, Moore, McGeehan and Mowatt are all very good L1 players, let's be honest. And their keeper was in the team of the season.

Lindsay, Pinnock, Moore, McGeehan and Mowatt are all very good L1 players, let's be honest. And their keeper was in the team of the season.
Yep they had a very good base to build upon. Still though they've done well to get promoted as they didn't impress me at all when we played them (although apparently that's controversial), Moore put in the best CF performance I've seen from the opposition this year mind in the game at the SOL.

Not really, most of their core was settled

Davies

Cavare
Pinnock
Lindsay
Pinillos - New Signing

McGeehan
Mowatt

Thiam
Bahre - New Signing

Moore
Brown
McLaughlin (new signing)
Matthews
Oviedo
Flanagan (new)
Baldwin (new)
Catts
Power (new)
Honeyman
McGeady
Gooch
Maja

That was what we started with in main over first part of season so the core of side was also inherited.

He was given a helluva lot of money for league 1 to improve us and I don’t really think he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back