Let’s be controversial

Short memory. Only 5 players were committed to staying when donald took over. You clearly are oblivious to the state we were in.
We are viewing this from different angles. I think you would agree you are looking at paper, but never that simple. On paper a strong squad when we were relegated. Did you think we would go up after last season ended?
Wasting your time mate, we could be top 7 of the prem and the usual wankers would still twist.

I'm proud of the team considering it was assembled so quickly and cheaply before the start of the season. I just can't hack another season at this level I don't think.

If we don’t go up, I’m, for the first time in years, very proud of our team.

It’s been a really long and tough season, we’ve come a long way since that Charlton game.

The lads has never, not once, gave up.

Quality and consistency has been lacking but I’d never, never criticise a player who grafts.

All round, players, staff, and most of all, fans. All been class.

Let’s enjoy Sunday, as we did Checkatrade trophy’s.

If it’s L1 next year, fine. We finally have some foundations and I’m confident we have the right team and club to be successful.

So you would be proud of the team if they fail to get promoted in one of the easiest leagues with the biggest budget, etc? Makes sense! :lol:

If we don’t go up, I’m, for the first time in years, very proud of our team.

It’s been a really long and tough season, we’ve come a long way since that Charlton game.

The lads has never, not once, gave up.

Quality and consistency has been lacking but I’d never, never criticise a player who grafts.

All round, players, staff, and most of all, fans. All been class.

Let’s enjoy Sunday, as we did Checkatrade trophy’s.

If it’s L1 next year, fine. We finally have some foundations and I’m confident we have the right team and club to be successful.
It's controversial that they did the job they are paid for and is expected?

Rubbish. We had to get rid of most of the first team and only kept the ones we couldn't move on. We were also restricted to free transfers, loan players and cheap signings due to our massive wage bill and fair play rules. Ross has built a team from a complete mish mash.
Could not have been a less settled squad.

Ha ha. The spine is exactly what we were lacking.

Do you think Ross was embarrassed his riches when only 8 turned up pre season! Ffs
Cheap signings :lol: spent about 5m in league 1 ffs, Baldwin, O'Nien, Power, Wyke and Grigg... all big signings by L1 standards.

5 of those players he inherited had all played premier league and a few were internationals .
We have spent more money than rest of league 1 and 2 combined and you’re trying to make out Ross had his hands tied in transfer market!

He’s also got enough internationals to call off games in league 1. Something I can’t revall happening before.

Oldham game postponed due to international call-ups
Shrewsbury Town match postponed due to international call-ups
NORTHAMPTON TOWN MATCH POSTPONED DUE TO INTERNATIONAL CALL-UPS
Rovers announce postponement of Fleetwood Town home game after three players receive international call-ups

Last edited:
Just examples of clubs having League 1 games called off due to international breaks. As it was, in your words, "Something I can’t recall happening before."
I couldn’t and thanks for the reply.

Seems they were isolated incidents though rather than the norm which it was for us.

Back