Let’s be controversial

So the vast majority them.

No other club in league this season had to do that which would indicate we had a decent enough squad for this level.

Oh and also the home game with Fleetwood was international break. "Vast majority" getting blown out the water. :lol:

Besides, look at Charlton, Barnsley, Luton and Pompey squads, very English based, unlikely to get a cap.

Although we should have finished in top two already you cant deny all the players tried which makes a change from the previous 2 seasons.

I think we are destined for another year in this league but I do think we will run away with it next year.

Oh and also the home game with Fleetwood was international break. "Vast majority" getting blown out the water. :lol:

Besides, look at Charlton, Barnsley, Luton and Pompey squads, very English based, unlikely to get a cap.
Yep only two out of four so not vast majority. Still 2 more than any other club.

So more premier league experience.

More internationals

And also a budget greater than the rest of league 1 and 2 put together.

Yet some would have you believe Ross has worked a miracle.

Yep only two out of four so not vast majority. Still 2 more than any other club.

So more premier league experience.

More internationals

And also a budget greater than the rest of league 1 and 2 put together.

Yet some would have you believe Ross has worked a miracle.

Where has anybody said that?

Your arguments are wilfully ignorant imo Will Grigg being a NI international doesn't mean he's above others at this level.

Premier League experience is good but they're past it at that level. If it was 2010 Cattermole and McGeady I'd agree with you.

The budget thing has been skewed by our desparation for Grigg. For all we outspent them all in the summer it was necessary as a club trying for a quick turnaround needing a lot of signings.

Cheap signings :lol: spent about 5m in league 1 ffs, Baldwin, O'Nien, Power, Wyke and Grigg... all big signings by L1 standards.
Baldwin 200k
McGeouch FREE
Flanagan FREE
Ozturk FREE
McLaughlin FREE
James FREE
Loovens FRER
Sterling ON LOAN
Morgan ON LOAN
Lead bitter FREE
Dunne ON LOAN

How much was Power and O9.

Wyke was about 500k

Anyway, bit of a rebuild on lots of scraps.

I rest my case

Last edited:
Baldwin 200k
McGeouch FREE
Flanagan FREE
Ozturk FREE
McLaughlin FREE
James FREE
Loovens FRER
Sterling ON LOAN
Morgan ON LOAN
Lead bitter FREE
Dunne ON LOAN

Wyke was about 500k

I rest my case
O'Nien 300k+
Power close to a mil
Wyke 500k
Baldwin 200k
Grigg 3m

5m in league 1 is an obscene amount, you cant dress that up.

Baldwin 200k
McGeouch FREE
Flanagan FREE
Ozturk FREE
McLaughlin FREE
James FREE
Loovens FRER
Sterling ON LOAN
Morgan ON LOAN
Lead bitter FREE
Dunne ON LOAN

Wyke was about 500k

I rest my case
Wages and fees on that lot alone was more than anyone else in top 2 divisions combined and that’s before we even look at Wigan having Ross pants down over Grigg.

Where has anybody said that?

Your arguments are wilfully ignorant imo Will Grigg being a NI international doesn't mean he's above others at this level.

Premier League experience is good but they're past it at that level. If it was 2010 Cattermole and McGeady I'd agree with you.

The budget thing has been skewed by our desparation for Grigg. For all we outspent them all in the summer it was necessary as a club trying for a quick turnaround needing a lot of signings.
Have a look at this forum over the last season.
We’ve had people talking about how they expected us to be in another relegation battle ffs.
The money he’s had in league 1 is unprecedented.

Last edited:
Wages and fees on that lot alone was more than anyone else in top 2 divisions combined and that’s before we even look at Wigan having Ross pants down over Grigg.

Have a look at this forum over the last season.
We’ve had people talking about how they expected us to be in another relegation battle ffs.
The money he’s had in league 1 is unprecedented.
Alreet. We have an unprecedented budget but also an unprecedented rebuild job. Massive challenge and most signings were frees and loans, no matter where your focus is. If you think Ross had an easy job then good luck.

I've got Wembley fever so need treatment.

Good luck

Alreet. We have an unprecedented budget but also an unprecedented rebuild job. Massive challenge and most signings were frees and loans, no matter where your focus is. If you think Ross had an easy job then good luck.

I've got Wembley fever so need treatment.

Good luck
An unprecedented rebuild job that Barnsley seemed to surpass already this season in terms of comings and goings.

Also a manager new to English game, another excuse that’s been trotted our for Ross.

Enjoy Wembley fella.

O'Nien 300k+
Power close to a mil
Wyke 500k
Baldwin 200k
Grigg 3m

5m in league 1 is an obscene amount, you cant dress that up.
We had an obscenely uncommitted bunch of losers who needed replacing. You cant dress that up

If we don’t go up, I’m, for the first time in years, very proud of our team.

It’s been a really long and tough season, we’ve come a long way since that Charlton game.

The lads has never, not once, gave up.

Quality and consistency has been lacking but I’d never, never criticise a player who grafts.

All round, players, staff, and most of all, fans. All been class.

Let’s enjoy Sunday, as we did Checkatrade trophy’s.

If it’s L1 next year, fine. We finally have some foundations and I’m confident we have the right team and club to be successful.
Couldnt agree more new owners ,staff,players,manager etc done very well but ffs please win on sunday cos i dont want to watch l1 shite again thanks .
Hodgie

Baldwin 200k
McGeouch FREE
Flanagan FREE
Ozturk FREE
McLaughlin FREE
James FREE
Loovens FRER
Sterling ON LOAN
Morgan ON LOAN
Leadbitter FREE
Dunne ON LOAN

Wyke was about 500k

I rest my case

You missed out Grigg who was circa £3m. I think O'Nien was around £250k-£300k.

Maguire signed on a free also.

If we don’t go up, I’m, for the first time in years, very proud of our team.

It’s been a really long and tough season, we’ve come a long way since that Charlton game.

The lads has never, not once, gave up.

Quality and consistency has been lacking but I’d never, never criticise a player who grafts.

All round, players, staff, and most of all, fans. All been class.

Let’s enjoy Sunday, as we did Checkatrade trophy’s.

If it’s L1 next year, fine. We finally have some foundations and I’m confident we have the right team and club to be successful.
Here,here pal.
We now have a platform to build on.

I’m not debating that at all. I am just saying it’s pointless denying we have spent comfortably the most in the league.
We started way, way behind all others in terms of committed squad and therefore spent more just filling gaps.

Back