Leipzig want Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not saying I agree with it, but you are spot on. When fully fit Pickford is currently 5th choice as recent call ups show. However ofcourse he is still young and will continue to progress and move up the pecking order.

For me, Pickford playing regularly for a good team in the Bundesliga would be a no brainer.

Bearing in mind that Pickford is arguably England's current fourth choice goalkeeper and will possibly be fifth choice when Butland gets back to fitness.
As it happens, I have never jumped on the Pickford England future number 1 goalie BUT if I'm just being a pessimist (or the lad has self belief and ambition) then IMO he'd be better off sticking with Sunderland in the Championship if he can't get a PL move.

On the others, Chris Waddle was more or less a regular for England when he was at Marseille
More or less? I'd say less, even more so when Taylor took over.

, Stevens was edged out by Lee Dixon
or even Paul Parker, who was then pushed aside for Dixon. Could Stevens have defended his International position in the team/squad if playing domestic club football? I think it is a possibility

and Trevor Steven was just phased out anyway.
Never mentioned Steven...as great as I thought he was in that Everton side, I actually think he got a fair crack of the whip but England quite a few different quality midfielders during his time

As for the other two, there were always better players in front of them, regardless of where they played.
Well that's an opinion, and I don't agree with it. Elliott was quality and there were many opportunities to stake a place as an England centrehalf from the mid 80's through to the early 90's, he effectively removed himself from the discussion by not playing for a domestic club through most of that period. Atkinson was in England's thoughts early 1990, and also effectively removed himself from the running during a transition period for England forwards when Taylor took over.

For me, Pickford playing regularly for a good team in the Bundesliga would be a no brainer.

A no brainer like Sels playing for a good championship team, or Krul playing for a good Dutch club:lol:

Last edited:
As it happens, I have never jumped on the Pickford England future number 1 goalie BUT if I'm just being a pessimist (or the lad has self belief and ambition) then IMO he'd be better off sticking with Sunderland in the Championship if he can't get a PL move.

More or less? I'd say less, even more so when Taylor took over.

or even Paul Parker, who was then pushed aside for Dixon. Could Stevens have defended his International position in the team/squad if playing domestic club football? I think it is a possibility

Never mentioned Steven...as great as I thought he was in that Everton side, I actually think he got a fair crack of the whip but England quite a few different quality midfielders during his time

Well that's an opinion, and I don't agree with it. Elliott was quality and there were many opportunities to stake a place as an England centrehalf from the mid 80's through to the early 90's, he effectively removed himself from the discussion by not playing for a domestic club through most of that period. Atkinson was in England's thoughts early 1990, and also effectively removed himself from the running during a transition period for England forwards when Taylor took over.

A no brainer like Sels playing for a good championship team, or Krul playing for a good Dutch club:lol:

Whats your point here? At no point did I ever state they were good keepers. As it happens Krul probably is better off playing for a good Dutch team rather than in the championship when he is on the brink of playing regularly for his country. Sadly the move didnt work out well for him. Sels however makes no sense bringing up as he isnt in the Belgian squad nor is he playing regularly for us. f***ing baffled as to what your point is.

Atleast I know what leagues they are in, fancy comparing the Bundesliga to the Championship :D

Whats your point here? At no point did I ever state they were good keepers. As it happens Krul probably is better off playing for a good Dutch team rather than in the championship when he is on the brink of playing regularly for his country. Sadly the move didnt work out well for him. Sels however makes no sense bringing up as he isnt in the Belgian squad nor is he playing regularly for us. f***ing baffled as to what your point is.

Atleast I know what leagues they are in, fancy comparing the Bundesliga to the Championship :D

Let's just leave you baffled while you try to figure out if Krul is on the brink of being he Dutch number 1 or his move went tits up:lol:

As much chance of him rocking up at South Shields next season.

The Championship is a bigger league than most of the top divisions in Europe FFS.

There is not a cat in hell's chance Pickford will stay, unless it's part of a sale and loan back deal. But now he's an England player even that is unlikely. He'll have no issues getting a contract with and starting for a Prem team and we are desperate for the money...

There is not a cat in hell's chance Pickford will stay, unless it's part of a sale and loan back deal. But now he's an England player even that is unlikely. He'll have no issues getting a contract with and starting for a Prem team and we are desperate for the money...
Behave. He's at least 5th choice England keeper.

What if an offer from abroad is greater than anything a PL team offers SAFC? Does he dig his heels in (like when man u wanted to send Beckham to Barca) and refuse to shift?

What if an offer from abroad is greater than anything a PL team offers SAFC? Does he dig his heels in (like when man u wanted to send Beckham to Barca) and refuse to shift?

David Beckham played for Manchester United. If he was playing for Sunderland and whoever was manager at the time wanted to shift him to Barcelona you wouldn't see him for dust.

You don't half come out with some daft comparisons like.

David Beckham played for Manchester United. If he was playing for Sunderland and whoever was manager at the time wanted to shift him to Barcelona you wouldn't see him for dust.

You don't half come out with some daft comparisons like.
You come across as thick as whale spunk.

Deep breath

The example was...

A player has 2 clubs come in for him, and one club offers a greater transfer fee than the other. Players choice is the lower bidding club, and the player and his club have stand off. Then the selling club backs down and accepts the lower transfer fee.

Just putting 'what happened with' is easier to type.

You come across as thick as whale spunk.

Deep breath

The example was...

A player has 2 clubs come in for him, and one club offers a greater transfer fee than the other. Players choice is the lower bidding club, and the player and his club have stand off. Then the selling club backs down and accepts the lower transfer fee.

Just putting 'what happened with' is easier to type.

You're the one that thought going to RB Leipzig would be a move into the wilderness, dafty. Moreso than being in some tinpot half-arsed division.

See, I can say that now seeing as we won't be in it next season.

You're the one that thought going to RB Leipzig would be a move into the wilderness, dafty. Moreso than being in some tinpot half-arsed division.

See, I can say that now seeing as we won't be in it next season.
:lol: and well done too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back