Leipzig want Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

They have a good side , he'll play a lot and get a good wage , and hopefully he'll continue to be in and around the England squad .
And the likelihood of Champions League football next year (should the transfer go ahead)

Mika will be away if anyone. Stryjek (spelling) is very highly rated and will be in and around the squad next season

Should've been in and around it this season. In our predicament signing Mike was the worst decision Moyes has made (for me). Just don't see why you would waste any funds at all on a third choice keeper. It's extremely rare clubs ever need to use them.

Just saw this on social media from one of the papers. Think it's just an educated guess that their keeper is old and we are going down and need funds for next season. Would show his performances are being recognised all over if there were any legs to it. I wouldn't trust Moyes to replace him mind

As much chance of him rocking up at South Shields next season.

The Championship is a bigger league than most of the top divisions in Europe FFS.

As much chance of him rocking up at South Shields next season.

The Championship is a bigger league than most of the top divisions in Europe FFS.
Not saying i think he'll end up at Leipzig, but that is a ridiculous comment. They're loaded, and pushing for a Champions League spot. This sentiment that English football is the be-all and end-all is embarrassing.

Not saying i think he'll end up at Leipzig, but that is a ridiculous comment. They're loaded, and pushing for a Champions League spot. This sentiment that English football is the be-all and end-all is embarrassing.

Are you denying that the Championship is a more popular league than most of the top divisions of European countries?

Are you claiming he would not be pushing himself into an international wilderness (like Defoe did by going to Canada) by disappearing to central Europe for a paycheck?

At least Forster went to a substandard European top division for tinware and GUARANTEED Champions League games, knowing he could get bought back into the PL easily...you are actually admitting this club has enough money to make that move back more difficult if he manages to put out a string of stellar CL performances!

'This sentiment that English football is the be-all and end-all is embarrassing'...well I don't really think in terms of 'English' football when I'm watching it TBH, and I don't equate the quality of games with the money that teams within that division has to spend either...BUT...I find it bizarre (I won't say embarrassing) how unaware football supporters in England are of how England's 2nd tier division lines up against European football divisions as a whole. On top of that, you would hope someone is telling the lad that he is killing his short term England chances because the England manager has always been lazy.

The more that do the better!
I hope he stays but if he does go we should knock back all bids saying he's not for sale unless we get a daft price!

something around the 25 million mark !
Someone will be daft enough to pay it
Exactly if the skunks can get £30m for that knacker Siserker then we should be doing the same for our better players especially Pickford as I'd imagine his wages wouldn't be high so we really don't need to sell.

Are you denying that the Championship is a more popular league than most of the top divisions of European countries?

Are you claiming he would not be pushing himself into an international wilderness (like Defoe did by going to Canada) by disappearing to central Europe for a paycheck?

At least Forster went to a substandard European top division for tinware and GUARANTEED Champions League games, knowing he could get bought back into the PL easily...you are actually admitting this club has enough money to make that move back more difficult if he manages to put out a string of stellar CL performances!

'This sentiment that English football is the be-all and end-all is embarrassing'...well I don't really think in terms of 'English' football when I'm watching it TBH, and I don't equate the quality of games with the money that teams within that division has to spend either...BUT...I find it bizarre (I won't say embarrassing) how unaware football supporters in England are of how England's 2nd tier division lines up against European football divisions as a whole. On top of that, you would hope someone is telling the lad that he is killing his short term England chances because the England manager has always been lazy.

You are aware they play in the Bundesliga right? The German league is equally as competitve as the prem. You are making out like he would be choosing to play in the Bulgarian national leagues ffs. It would do him good to move abroad, no mixed loyalties as the lad is clearly a huge Sunderland fan. The Germans appreciate a good keeper, he would probably be a big hit.

Did Owen Hargreaves international career no harm.

You do know Leipzig is in Germany. And they play in the top division? With teams like Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach etc... if so, do you think the Championship is bigger than that division? If playing in that league leads to the International wilderness, it's amazing countries stumbled across players like Lewandowski, de Bruyne, Calhanoglu, Aubameyang etc...

Oliver Khan won German footballer of the year in 2000 and 2001. Neuer won it in 2011 and 2014 - The Germans love there goalkeepers, really appreciate them and they are often the best in the world. Why wouldnt Pickford want to play there?

When was the last time a goalkeeper won player of the year here?

You do know Leipzig is in Germany. And they play in the top division? With teams like Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach etc... if so, do you think the Championship is bigger than that division? If playing in that league leads to the International wilderness, it's amazing countries stumbled across players like Lewandowski, de Bruyne, Calhanoglu, Aubameyang etc...
I reckons he thinks it's Austria (confused with Salzburg) and has made a monumental tit out of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back