Leipzig want Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
New username for super ally needed I reckon :lol:

I like how part of his rant is about how most fans lack knowledge of football to appreciate just how good the championship is.. while at the same time having no idea how good RB Leipzig are and the fact they pushed Bayern close for a good period this season.

can see us in July having no keepers on the books .....Tim Howard anyone? :eek: knowing Moyes and his 'Everton connections'.....unless Big Neville fancies it... :lol:

New username for super ally needed I reckon :lol:

I like how part of his rant is about how most fans lack knowledge of football to appreciate just how good the championship is.. while at the same time having no idea how good RB Leipzig are and the fact they pushed Bayern close for a good period this season.

Comparing Pickford going to Leipzig and Defoe going to Canada, man :lol:

Think it may be around £15m but hopefully we box clever and get a year on loan included. That would strengthen our hand considerably for next season.

Leipzig signed Oliver Burke for £13m so if Pickford is to end up there, I dont see why we shouldnt look for £20m given his higher pedigree in terms of PL experience etc

Did Owen Hargreaves international career no harm.

Well we can't prove that playing in Germany made him as a young player, but actually I would say he would have been treated better by England if he'd spent longer in the PL.

I reckons he thinks it's Austria (confused with Salzburg) and has made a monumental tit out of himself
:lol:I actually own a Salzburg shirt, so that would be a no.

Last edited:
Hasn't there been word that both he and Borini will be away according to Di Fanti ( might have heard it on here or at a game). Assuming he is agent to both.
Just rumours mate I stopped believing rumours when Elvis was seen eating a pie in Wigan and when someone said the moon was made of cheese, and when Rodwell was seen as a good midfielder

Well Elliott going to Pisa then,or Atkinson going to Sociedad, or Stevens going to Rangers, or even Waddle going to Marseille.

Italian football was on the rise at that time and Chelsea were hardly any great shakes before he left. I don't see the issue with that?

Sheffield Wednesday were relegated in 1990, don't see the issue with Dalian Atkinson (presuming that's who you mean) fancying a career in Spain

Stevens and Trevor Steven for that matter were bought as part of Ranger's ambition in Europe which resulted in them narrowly missing out on a European Cup final in 1993 iirc.

Waddle going to Marseille? Weren't they a major force in Europe at the time? That's a bit of a crazy comparison.

So why do you think the Championship is better than the top of the Bundesliga?
Well hopefully it's just for a year, and I'm sorry but I just can't look at Liepzig as an established top German. I just think it would be so easy for him to become the forgotten man moving abroad at this stage of his career.

Italian football was on the rise at that time and Chelsea were hardly any great shakes before he left. I don't see the issue with that?

Sheffield Wednesday were relegated in 1990, don't see the issue with Dalian Atkinson (presuming that's who you mean) fancying a career in Spain

Stevens and Trevor Steven for that matter were bought as part of Ranger's ambition in Europe which resulted in them narrowly missing out on a European Cup final in 1993 iirc.

Waddle going to Marseille? Weren't they a major force in Europe at the time? That's a bit of a crazy comparison.
You objected to my previous comparison with a player perfectly capable of playing for England becoming a forgotten man by the England setup, so I gave you various other examples of players' international careers that were not helped by moving abroad. What your response has to do with that, I don't know.

Last edited:
Are you denying that the Championship is a more popular league than most of the top divisions of European countries?

Are you claiming he would not be pushing himself into an international wilderness (like Defoe did by going to Canada) by disappearing to central Europe for a paycheck?

At least Forster went to a substandard European top division for tinware and GUARANTEED Champions League games, knowing he could get bought back into the PL easily...you are actually admitting this club has enough money to make that move back more difficult if he manages to put out a string of stellar CL performances!

'This sentiment that English football is the be-all and end-all is embarrassing'...well I don't really think in terms of 'English' football when I'm watching it TBH, and I don't equate the quality of games with the money that teams within that division has to spend either...BUT...I find it bizarre (I won't say embarrassing) how unaware football supporters in England are of how England's 2nd tier division lines up against European football divisions as a whole. On top of that, you would hope someone is telling the lad that he is killing his short term England chances because the England manager has always been lazy.
Sorry mate but what a load of f***ing drivel this is

Well hopefully it's just for a year, and I'm sorry but I just can't look at Liepzig as an established top German. I just think it would be so easy for him to become the forgotten man moving abroad at this stage of his career.

You objected to my previous comparison with a player perfectly capable of playing for England becoming a forgotten man by the England setup, so I gave you various other examples of players' international careers that were not helped by moving abroad. What your response has to do with that, I don't know.

You're comparing Defoe's lack of call-up to Pickford's possible lack of call-up? (Defoe's had more to do with his age than anything else imo). Bearing in mind that Pickford is arguably England's current fourth choice goalkeeper and will possibly be fifth choice when Butland gets back to fitness.

On the others, Chris Waddle was more or less a regular for England when he was at Marseille, Stevens was edged out by Lee Dixon and Trevor Steven was just phased out anyway.

As for the other two, there were always better players in front of them, regardless of where they played.

You're comparing Defoe's lack of call-up to Pickford's possible lack of call-up? (Defoe's had more to do with his age than anything else imo). Bearing in mind that Pickford is arguably England's current fourth choice goalkeeper and will possibly be fifth choice when Butland gets back to fitness.

On the others, Chris Waddle was more or less a regular for England when he was at Marseille, Stevens was edged out by Lee Dixon and Trevor Steven was just phased out anyway.

As for the other two, there were always better players in front of them, regardless of where they played.
Hart, Butland, Foster, Pickford. Who's your 5th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back