Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
They couldn't could they?

Man City and Arsenal looked nothing special today. Utd grind out results but don't look great. None of them look consistent. Chelsea are miles back and think Liverpool are even with Klopp.

Sounds ridiculous but all they have to do is do what they have done for the last 25 games or more. In fact probably less then that form will do.

If they keep beating teams outside the top 6 as they have been and do ok against them at home even if they lose to the top 6 away they stand a chance.

Plus, perhaps biggest of all they have loads of money to spend. They tried in the summer but couldn't attract the players. They certainly can now so that team with 40 million thrown at it in January?

Sounds silly but they have been great for 25 games now! The best team in the division results wise by s long way over that period.
as the second part of the season kicks in i fear they will wilt like we did under Reid as there squad will not be big enough. hope they do though, would be a refreshing change to the premier league

It's strange being a Leicester fan at the moment as I expect us to win every game. I was gutted at only drawing with Man Utd last week. :lol:

I came home from Swansea an hour a go and said to my wife that

I like my daughter
I like my wife
But I love Leicester :lol:

The acid test is the next four games but if we come out of that without too much damage then who knows where we could finish this season. I have the first thoughts of winning the league since we won away at Newcastle two weeks a go. It'll probably turn to shit but with every other top team making a pig's ear of it the unthinkable might just be on.

7 points from the next 4 would be a decent return.

They are not my favourite club, but I would love it if they could keep this run going and win the league.

Sick of the same old sides doing it every year.

My prediction for them is 6th or 7th as the biggest problem for teams who have starts like this is keeping it going as we found out when we were pushing for top spot at new year.

The big test for them will be how they react to any slump. We will know a lot more about Leicester based on how they react to, say, three games without a win. If they get out of a hole like that and keep their form up then we'll see.

Like some sick dream where usually you wake up from. Really strange season.:confused:

Would love it if Leicester did it.
Realistically though they'll do really well to achieve top 8.
There may be trouble ahead...

Go in Leicester, just "do it".

33/1 to win it, wouldn't be the worst fiver spent in history

15/8 to finish above Spurs, 10/3 above Liverpool and 7/1 above Man Utd look decent prices as well

Would be a fantastic refreshing change for them to push all the way and potentially win it, long may it continue

A bit like Messi, Suarez and Neymar carry Barcelona?

"Plodders" aren't the best team in England over 24 games, there has to be more to it. I've no doubt you know of names like Drinkwater and Kante but wouldn't recognise them in the street so by your logic they must be PL plodders. They're one of the best central midfield pairings in the league if you didn't judge them solely on perception.
I remember when the mags thought Tiote and Cabaye were Real Madrid bound enjoy your glory days you dopey prick

Is it 'cool' to like Leicester now then? I'm sure I recall them being hated on here not long ago.

i dont think its leicester particularly, more of a desire for 'someone' to break the status quo. just happens to be them at the moment. good luck to them. even though i think they are a shitty little club, i'd prefer them to win it that man, chelsea, man city, arsenal, liverpool or spurs

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but between Mahrez and Vardy they have 23 goals. Four of them penalties. Two for Mahrez and two for Vardy. I could even tell you against which teams they were against.

It is worth noting that a lot of the main big teams seem to be missing from the score chart. Odion Ighalo of Watford has 9 goals. Same as Harry Kane of Tottenham and Romelu Lukaku of Everton. The only big team players that appear really is Giroud with 8 open goals and 1 own goal and Sergio Aguero who has 7. Swabsea's Andre Ayew has 6 with Wijnladun (Newcastle), Pelle (Southampton) and Barkley (Everton). Between Everton due Ross and Aruna Kone (5) is Sanchez who has 5. Even Bournemouth is up there with 5 open goals and 1 penalty in Callum Wilson.

Is this a minor glitch for the big teams or have they ran out of steam as clubs?

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but between Mahrez and Vardy they have 23 goals. Four of them penalties. Two for Mahrez and two for Vardy. I could even tell you against which teams they were against.

It is worth noting that a lot of the main big teams seem to be missing from the score chart. Odion Ighalo of Watford has 9 goals. Same as Harry Kane of Tottenham and Romelu Lukaku of Everton. The only big team players that appear really is Giroud with 8 open goals and 1 own goal and Sergio Aguero who has 7. Swabsea's Andre Ayew has 6 with Wijnladun (Newcastle), Pelle (Southampton) and Barkley (Everton). Between Everton due Ross and Aruna Kone (5) is Sanchez who has 5. Even Bournemouth is up there with 5 open goals and 1 penalty in Callum Wilson.

Is this a minor glitch for the big teams or have they ran out of steam as clubs?

Essentially goalscorers get you points and the top sides are lacking in that department this season. Us, Spurs and West Brom in particular should be looking to offer massive wages to Lukaku, Kane and Berahino with the new TV deal as the money clubs will be sniffing around next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back