Leicester

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by MonkeyLove, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove Striker

They couldn't could they?

Man City and Arsenal looked nothing special today. Utd grind out results but don't look great. None of them look consistent. Chelsea are miles back and think Liverpool are even with Klopp.

Sounds ridiculous but all they have to do is do what they have done for the last 25 games or more. In fact probably less then that form will do.

If they keep beating teams outside the top 6 as they have been and do ok against them at home even if they lose to the top 6 away they stand a chance.

Plus, perhaps biggest of all they have loads of money to spend. They tried in the summer but couldn't attract the players. They certainly can now so that team with 40 million thrown at it in January?

Sounds silly but they have been great for 25 games now! The best team in the division results wise by s long way over that period.

Leicester Fan likes this.
  2. sonofagun

sonofagun Winger

Leicester winning the Premier League would make Atletico winning La Liga look like nothing in comparison. I can't think of an achievement in modern football that would match it.

3. Billy Fish

Billy Fish Striker

Would be the best thing that could happen to the PL, especially if Chelsea fail to improve as the season goes on. Time for a big shake up and give belief and confidence to the also rans that they can do it if they get it right

4. And some people laughed when they appointed Ranieri....

One less relegation spot to worry about...

Monkey man, Deano and safcforever like this.
  5. Next 4 games: Chelsea (H), Everton (A), Liverpool (A) & Man City (H)

See how many points they get from that.

6. jcrossan

jcrossan Striker

Beat Chelsea next week and there's little chance that Chelsea will be able to overtake them by season's end...that alone is a minor miracle. No one would have predicted that in August.

7. FReaK

FReaK Winger

I hope they do to be honest with you. It would be a fucking phenomenal achievement.

8. super noodles

super noodles Winger

Anyone that had a bet on them at the start of the season must be loving this

9. They remind me of us under Reidy. No hopers who surprised everybody.
    Good luck to them. I hope they can stay up there.

10. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Top 4 would be a phenomenal achievement, to be honest. As mentioned above, the next four games will really show what they're made of.

11. JAR7391

JAR7391 Winger

If they invest in January then they will do what we didn't. We extended the stadium instead of putting money into the team and we paid for it shortly afterwards when things started to unravel. I don't think they will hold on and win it but Europe is definitely on the cards and from that point, you can attract players and look to push on. Good luck to them.

Baccyboozenbullets likes this.
  12. Travis

Travis Striker

I wrote them off thinking their escape last season was just good momentum and a fighting spirit but they have really pushed on and have not looked back. Shows what you can do in this league with a well organised team and players that play for each other not themselves. They are the opposite of Chelsea in that respect and deserve their position. I think they will finish between 5-8th though as they don't have the strength in depth. If they can somehow stay injury free, Mahrez continues his form and Vardy keeps knocking them in though who knows, a shock top four place could happen.

13. ErichZann

ErichZann Striker

It'd be great if they won the league like...

14. ChrisAshley

ChrisAshley Striker

Hope they do but doubt it, think they end up finishing around 6th. Quite a turn around for them though from looking certain for relegation to champions league form.

15. RichD

RichD Striker

I would be ower the moon if they won the league..it would still show that hard work..good leaders and football can still get you to the top..every other club should look at what there done over the last few years

scraff likes this.
  16. GlasgowMackem88

GlasgowMackem88 Midfield

Done us a favour today. Think Swansea might go this year, potentially.

17. Bear

Bear Striker

They'll finish around 8/9th Vardy and Mahrez are carrying them 24 of their 32 goals their form will dip so will Leicesters mainly a squad of plodders

Monkey man, chunkylover53 and andy like this.
  18. Botchie

Botchie Winger

The suits at the top will be gutted. You can't sell "the brand" in China if nobody has heard of Liecester. Sport has had loads of underdog stories, I hope they do win it.

The Sandance Kid likes this.
  19. andy

andy Striker

They will finish 9th.

20. Botchie

Botchie Winger

Danny Drinkwater is a cracking player and I would take Morgan any day in our defence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.