Legoland Windsor

Thinking of going late August, anyone been recently (last few months) as the reviews are brutal!
Just got back on Sunday, did Harry Potter Studios then Legoland. What was brutal about the reviews?

It was good for my kids who are 4 and 8. Queues were not bad at all, some stuff 5 mins, others an hour.

Weather was decent enough.

Never ate there as took a picnic.

Got an AirBnB rather than stay on site so can’t comment on that.

Thinking of going late August, anyone been recently (last few months) as the reviews are brutal!
reviews were crap 12 years ago when i went
we enjoyed it,didnt eat there etc
stayed in Marlow at a mid price place ,short drive
ticket was valide two days ,we did it in 1 then wnet to london the next
drove to a tube station and into centre on tube

Gan down there next week for the bairns birthday, it's a fair drive - anyone stopped at any canny places on the way to break it up? The bairns are 5 and 1 so there's no chance we can do it in a oner.

I would stop at Woburn Abbey, it's a safari place between Milton Keynes and Luton. Brilliant day out for adults and kids, much better than Legoland when you spend most of your time in a queue for a crap ride. No such problems at Woburn Abbey and they have plenty to do for kids outside the safari park.

Last edited:
I would stop at Woburn Abbey, it's a safari place between Milton Keynes and Luton. Brilliant day out for adults and kids, much better than Legoland when you spend most of your time in a queue for a crap ride. No such problems at Woburn Abbey and they have plenty to do for kids outside the safari park.

I like Woburn Safari Park, we used to have a season ticket when the daughter was pretty young, but it’s not a patch on Legoland.

There’s no Star Wars, Castles or Pirates to start with. Although the monkey drive-thru is quite good as long as it’s other people’s cars being ripped apart.

Cheers for the advice, were going to Seahouses for his 9th birthday this weekend.

I like Woburn Safari Park, we used to have a season ticket when the daughter was pretty young, but it’s not a patch on Legoland.

There’s no Star Wars, Castles or Pirates to start with. Although the monkey drive-thru is quite good as long as it’s other people’s cars being ripped apart.

Well if fun to you is standing in queues for a ride for 5yo the all power to you. I was bored at Euro Disney for the same reason. I've been both once staying at the hotels etc.

Woburn Abbey I've been about half a dozen times, fun for everyone as you get to interact with some animals and great indoor and outdoor play areas for young kids, a small train that goes round the park and a boating lake you can pedal round. I'd go Woburn Abbey tomorrow but not too happy to go to Legoland.

Well if fun to you is standing in queues for a ride for 5yo the all power to you. I was bored at Euro Disney for the same reason. I've been both once staying at the hotels etc.

Woburn Abbey I've been about half a dozen times, fun for everyone as you get to interact with some animals and great indoor and outdoor play areas for young kids, a small train that goes round the park and a boating lake you can pedal round. I'd go Woburn Abbey tomorrow but not too happy to go to Legoland.
Legoland queues were no bother and if you like Lego then you’ll enjoy it. I’ve been to Woburn Safari Park. Completely different things, the same way as I wouldn’t recommend someone go to a football match if they were a tennis fan.

tbh, I started watching Sean's videos on Themepark Worldwide about 2 years ago, and then he did a tour around Europe, and went to loads of places I'd never heard of, like Eftling for example. I'll post a bit more when I have my notes to hand - its been a fair few months since I first looked, so I'm struggling to remember now. Atstrix probably as well. something Bellawarden or similar is another.
Plan is to drive to the south coast for the dover ferry out, then towards Disney, then back up through Belgium and Holland eventually on the ferry to North Shields.
Started counting the cost a bit last night. About £900 in travel costs for us all. Which is the same as about 1.5 flights to America (the alternative would be WDW in Florida, but that's £2500 for tickets and £3000 at least for flights before we even start)
Did you do this last year mate?
Me and the boy thinking about a weeks road trip in August this year to do something like this

Did you do this last year mate?
Me and the boy thinking about a weeks road trip in August this year to do something like this
Certainly did - and doing it again this year!

Drove to Chessington & used the pool and stayed overnight, then a day in the park and then drove to near Dover. Caught the ferry to Calais the next morning, then had a day at Dunkirk and a overnight in some dump of an Ibis (do not recommend!)
Then onto Plopsaland, up into Belgium to the Centre Parks place for a couple of nights.
Then up to Holland to go Camping Schatsberg (sp?) and a trip to Toverland

Few nights at Efteling - which was clearly the highlight of the trip, its amazing.
And finished with a few nights at Duinrell before getting the Amsterdam ferry back to Newcastle.

We knew it would be knackering, and it really was. I wouldn't recommend doing that much travelling, but we did get so experience a lot and it has helped us to plan another trip for this year. We're getting the ferry to Amsterdam this time, going to the Safari at Beekes Bergen for a couple of nights, then next door to Etfteling again for a few nights, then a full week at Duinrell before coming back on the same ferry. Much less travel!

Its much cheaper than other options even with us staying on site at 3 different theme parks. Helps us a save a bit as we're doing WDW Florida in 2025 FFS :lol:

Drove to Chessington & used the pool and stayed overnight, then a day in the park and then drove to near Dover. Caught the ferry to Calais the next morning, then had a day at Dunkirk and a overnight in some dump of an Ibis (do not recommend!)
Then onto Plopsaland, up into Belgium to the Centre Parks place for a couple of nights.
Then up to Holland to go Camping Schatsberg (sp?) and a trip to CFS10

Few nights at Efteling - which was clearly the highlight of the trip, its amazing.
And finished with a few nights at Duinrell before getting the Amsterdam ferry back to Newcastle.

We knew it would be knackering, and it really was. I wouldn't recommend doing that much travelling, but we did get so experience a lot and it has helped us to plan another trip for this year. We're getting the ferry to Amsterdam this time, going to the Safari at Beekes Bergen for a couple of nights, then next door to Etfteling again for a few nights, then a full week at Duinrell before coming back on the same ferry. Much less travel!

Its much cheaper than other options even with us staying on site at 3 different theme parks. Helps us a save a bit as we're doing WDW Florida in 2025 FFS :lol:
So looking at this, you reckon sticking in Holland best shout, with ferry over from Newc?

Then up to Holland to go Camping Schatsberg (sp?) and a trip to Toverland

I’m doing exactly the same holiday this year.

Across on Shields ferry, night in Amsterdam to catch up with a mate, Beekes for a night, 2 in Eftling, 3 in Duinrell then back to Amsterdam for a day.

Going around 04th August.
So looking at this, you reckon sticking in Holland best shout, with ferry over from Newc?
It’s what we’ve booked. You do stray into Belgium for Durinell but you need the time in each location to get the most from them.

Stay in Beekes, Eftling and Durinell, all accommodation on site. Most expensive was Beekes with a room overlooking the Savannah and animals coming up to your balcony etc.

I’m in Amsterdam for two weeks end of May/beginning of June so I’ll be sick of the palace by then. 😂

Last edited:

Back