Legoland Windsor

Tommasi

Striker
Gan down there next week for the bairns birthday, it's a fair drive - anyone stopped at any canny places on the way to break it up? The bairns are 5 and 1 so there's no chance we can do it in a oner.

The drive is what has put me off. I am keen to go, for the kids sake obviously and not mine.

So aye any ideas on where to stay to keep kids entertained, that breaks up a long journey.

Would love to take the bairn but it's just too far away, he was getting pissed off on the bus / metro to North Shields ffs so he'd be no good on a 6/7hr coach journey (would probably have to go via national holidays as I don't drive etc).

Overnighted at MK a couple of times. Check flights to Heathrow, can be quite cheap depending on when you book, Windsor is about £40 by Uber during commuter times and is dead easy to use, they just give you a row number of the Multi Story car park to wait at.

Edit: just checked it was £28 at 8:30 AM with traffic and surge charge

Last edited:
Think we stopped at Clumber Park for a couple of hours when we went a few years ago (kids were about the same age). Broke the journey up nicely and was handy as we were going down the A1 for some reason and it’s just off the main road.

Been a few times now, the last 2 times we bought a hotel and ticket package for about £200 for a family of 4.left early for a day in the park, night in a hotel at heathrow (can't remember the other one)then a day in the park then home. Piece of piss, it's only a 5 hr drive from Sunderland. It's a typical theme park, especially this time of year there's massive queues, it's young kid orientated so don't expect alton towers. Overall its couple of days out. Bit different to when I went 25-30 years ago when it was just lego. If you have to stop off on the way then Milton Keynes is ideal, we did that just for the craic when we went to Wembley to see England

We booked into Marlow for 3 nights
Stopped for an hour half way down
Done legoland in a day and did park and tube to London for a day

It's only 5hrs. Kids will sleep most of the way and watch a tablet. We were on the go best part of 30hrs from Australia before we finally set off with the hire car from Heathrow for a 5hr drive North. My daughter was 6. She's already done the long haul flights to the UK 3 or 4 times no bother.

We took the train to kings cross and then from st Pancras to slough and another to Windsor and stayed a couple of nights in a hotel. We had a couple of vouchers so was as cheap as chips to get in. In the queue to get in several people were going up and down it giving away spare vouchers. All had northern accents which with their generosity made for a good atmosphere.
Next day we went to Windsor Castle. In St George’s Chapel we saw a small metal plate on the floor. This was the entrance to the crypt where Henry 8th is buried. I found it unbelievable that he is hidden away.

I vowed never to go back. 45 min wait for a tea cup ride due to their being so few carts, and a load of people using the queue jump pass.

I vowed never to go back. 45 min wait for a tea cup ride due to their being so few carts, and a load of people using the queue jump pass.

Same here..i mean we've all stood in queues in theme parks and water parks but this place is horrendous..we had tickets for two days but binned the 2nd day.

Same here..i mean we've all stood in queues in theme parks and water parks but this place is horrendous..we had tickets for two days but binned the 2nd day.
I've heard up to 75 mins for even the shite rides :eek:
We will probably just end up gan to the gift shop with our bairns patience!

Back