Legoland Windsor

We went last year. We stayed in the onsite Hotel and that got us into the park an hour before the general public. The queues weren't that bad but we live in Scotland so we went as soon as our son finished school so it wasn't during the English school holidays. The new Mythica ride was decent. We also went to Drayton Manor and that was excellent, no queues at all plus there is an onside zoo as well.
Funny, I'm looking at Chessington instead now, partly for their zoo. Seems like a much better option at first glance.
Was there couple of years ago. Had one of the fast track passes. Decent enough but felt like you were dragging the bairn from ride to ride to get the best value for money. We've vowed not to do another major theme park till the youngun was old enough to take a mate and they can crack on themselves. Theme parks can be chewy as fuck with young bairns with all the queuing
Ours love them, we're on planning a road trip in northern europe to visit 4-5 parks

Last edited:
Grandson broke his leg on flume last year.. legoland did fuck all .. my son had to drive to Bath hospital ...1st aid non existent .. they will call lawyers before an ambulance..

We went last year in Feb half term. Got the fast passes and iirc it was all on an app. Worth it for the lack of queuing as I’m sure you know how five year olds are when they have to wait thirty seconds for owt. Ours were Lego daft so they loved it (Ninjago mainly) but mythica was a bit much for one and we had tears.

Stayed in the on-site hotel and it was better than we thought it would be.

Been twice.

Trips like that I usually work out where will take me 3 hrs and have a look at what's about in that area.

Last time we went stopped around Northampton . Ended up going to some national trust place (got membership) for a cheap few hours out.

Had a day at Warwick castle on way back up.

Funny, I'm looking at Chessington instead now, partly for their zoo. Seems like a much better option at first glance.

Ours love them, we're on planning a road trip in northern europe to visit 4-5 parks
That sounds awesome, if you dont mind me asking where you planning on going, thats something really different my 2 would love!

We did a bit of a theme park crawl when we went (few years ago now). We had a day at Drayton Manor I think and stayed somewhere near there over night. Then next morning we headed to Chessington World Of Adventures and had two nights there, then stayed at a Premier Inn near Slough before heading to Legoland.
I actually enjoyed Legoland, but it was heaving. We got lucky in a way though because it absolutely lashed down for a good part of the day which seemed to put loads of people off queuing for the rides. We just got soaked and got on with it and walked straight on to quite a lot, but I imagine it'd be a bit of a nightmare on a busy sunny day.

That sounds awesome, if you dont mind me asking where you planning on going, thats something really different my 2 would love!

tbh, I started watching Sean's videos on Themepark Worldwide about 2 years ago, and then he did a tour around Europe, and went to loads of places I'd never heard of, like Eftling for example. I'll post a bit more when I have my notes to hand - its been a fair few months since I first looked, so I'm struggling to remember now. Atstrix probably as well. something Bellawarden or similar is another.
Plan is to drive to the south coast for the dover ferry out, then towards Disney, then back up through Belgium and Holland eventually on the ferry to North Shields.
Started counting the cost a bit last night. About £900 in travel costs for us all. Which is the same as about 1.5 flights to America (the alternative would be WDW in Florida, but that's £2500 for tickets and £3000 at least for flights before we even start)

Last edited:
tbh, I started watching Sean's videos on Themepark Worldwide about 2 years ago, and then he did a tour around Europe, and went to loads of places I'd never heard of, like Eftling for example. I'll post a bit more when I have my notes to hand - its been a fair few months since I first looked, so I'm struggling to remember now. Atstrix probably as well. something Bellawarden or similar is another.
Plan is to drive to the south coast for the dover ferry out, then towards Disney, then back up through Belgium and Holland eventually on the ferry to North Shields.
Awesome mate, PM me when youve got your details, def would love to do something like that

Which parks are you going to?

We thought Plopsaland in Belgium was canny. For me it was mainly about the name, but the nipper loved it.

There was a Plop restaurant. How can that not be funny :lol:

Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen is good, if a bit different.

We did a bit of a theme park crawl when we went (few years ago now). We had a day at Drayton Manor I think and stayed somewhere near there over night. Then next morning we headed to Chessington World Of Adventures and had two nights there, then stayed at a Premier Inn near Slough before heading to Legoland.
I actually enjoyed Legoland, but it was heaving. We got lucky in a way though because it absolutely lashed down for a good part of the day which seemed to put loads of people off queuing for the rides. We just got soaked and got on with it and walked straight on to quite a lot, but I imagine it'd be a bit of a nightmare on a busy sunny day.
Done a lot of wet days at various Disney parks. Make your peace with the weather (and be prepared with coats / ponchos) and you will be rewarded with a quiet park. The days after a hurricane are (if you excuse me ignoring the damage and injury), quite brilliant!
Which parks are you going to?

We thought Plopsaland in Belgium was canny. For me it was mainly about the name, but the nipper loved it.

There was a Plop restaurant. How can that not be funny :lol:

Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen is good, if a bit different.
Tivoli sounds lovely, but a bit too far out for our plans. Driving from DLP to the port in Amsterdam, probably stopping off at 3 places on the way. And will most likely find a nice place to base ourselves out of for a 4-5 night quiet break in the middle for a rest.

Last edited:
Anyone been in the last couple of years? Tripadvisor reviews still seem to be awful.

Looking for somewhere to take an 8 and 2 4 year olds this summer in the southern side of the country where we'd not usually be able to do a weekend trip. As we'll then be getting the ferry to Calais the day after.

If we get 2 of the queue jumper tickets for the eldest , can either me or the missus use the other one interchangeably through the day?

I was there last May with two kids aged 7 and 4. Found it to be very busy/big queues etc The next day we visited Paultons Park and I thought this was a much better park and so did the kids too. Not as busy and still plenty to do. Ideal for kids 10 and under especially if any of them like Peppa Pig.

We've got Merlin passes so we go quite regularly. I really recommend the queue jumper. It is called "Reserve and Ride" these days and it is all done via your mobile.

The way they work is you select a ride and you can walk through the R&R entrance at your allotted time.

There are 3 levels. The lowest (£15 pp) sets the allotted time to however long the queue is. The middle one (£35 pp) halves the queue time. The top one (£70 pp) gives you instant access and you can use it on the most rides.

We tend to get the middle one and buy an addon (£5) for Flight of the Sky Lion, which isn't included. By picking the next ride as soon as they scan our pass, we generally get on what we want without too much delay.

With the lower one you can queue for one ride while the R&R queues for another, so you basically double the amount of things you can get on.

We've never done the top one as we think it is too much for what you get compared to the middle one.

Last edited:
We've got Merlin passes so we go quite regularly. I really recommend the queue jumper. It is called "Reserve and Ride" these days and it is all done via your mobile.

The way they work is you select a ride and you can walk through the R&R entrance at your allotted time.

There are 3 levels. The lowest (£15 pp) sets the allotted time to however long the queue is. The middle one (£35 pp) halves the queue time. The top one (£70 pp) gives you instant access and you can use it on the most rides.

We tend to get the middle one and buy an addon (£5) for Flight of the Sky Lion, which isn't included. By picking the next ride as soon as they scan our pass, we generally get on what we want without too much delay.

With the lower one you can queue for one ride while the R&R queues for another, so you basically double the amount of things you can get on.

We've never done the top one as we think it is too much for what you get compared to the middle one.
Thanks, that's perfect.

Although I'm heavily favouring Chessington atm

Back