Lee Johnson Press Conference

No update on Defoe
Would be happy if that's all the transfers done, but a few areas he might like to get
Wright and Pritchard back on the grass, and maybe included tomorrow
Roberts be on bench
Gonna get Roberts to do irish jig instead of singing to the team
Burge inflammation of the heart and cant go above 100 his heart rate, not sure if covid or vaccine caused it
Hume and Hawkes he wished them well

Covid or vaccine? That won’t be popular, 100% can’t be the vaccine, read it on here. Who’s Joe Rogan etc

You're supposed to just ignore it when people around you have bad reactions to the jab, otherwise you are anti vaxx.

Burge should be forced to have the 3rd and 4th injections despite his inflamed heart, and if he doesn't well then he's just ant vaxx too, and deserves every insult and every restriction coming his way.

The myocarditis was more likely due to his recent infection, than a reaction to the vaccine, The infection complication is far more common than the vaccine reaction (which appears to be linked only to the Moderna vaccine anyway), and we know Burge got Covid shortly after new year. Any medic will tell you that common things happen commonly, and rare things rarely. Here, the probability massively favours a complication of infection.
Covid or vaccine? That won’t be popular, 100% can’t be the vaccine, read it on here. Who’s Joe Rogan etc

At least 20 times more likely to be down to the infection he's had.

Last edited:
You're supposed to just ignore it when people around you have bad reactions to the jab, otherwise you are anti vaxx.

Burge should be forced to have the 3rd and 4th injections despite his inflamed heart, and if he doesn't well then he's just ant vaxx too, and deserves every insult and every restriction coming his way.

Have the jab and get covid: phew would have been worse if it wasn’t for my jab

Don’t have the jab and get covid: irresponsible anti vaxxer putting the whole world at risk. You’d have been ok if you had your jab
The myocarditis was more likely due to his recent infection, than a reaction to the vaccine, The infection complication is far more common than the vaccine reaction (which appears to be linked only to the Moderna vaccine anyway), and we know Burge got Covid shortly after new year. Any medic will tell you that common things happen commonly, and rare things rarely. Here, the probability massively favours a complication of infection.

Thought you were an accountant not a doctor?

Now then, don't you be spouting facts and sensible answers mind the tin foil hat brigade won't like that 😁

Don’t have the jab and get covid: irresponsible anti vaxxer putting the whole world at risk. You’d have been ok if you had your jab

And what exactly are your qualifications then???

Last edited:

I have a B.Sc in pharmacology, and a M.Sc in neuropharmacology, with 4 published papers to my name. I don't claim to be a virologist, but I do have an understanding of how to read a paper in any biomedical science, and have a full grasp of statistical analysis. I'm perfectly capable of understanding the relative mechanisms of the myocarditis complication, the associated timelines for its appearance and resolution, and the underlying statistics of the incidence of the complication from either source.

Cases arising from a vaccine reaction are massively less common than those resulting from infection. Indeed, if Burge's last vaccine dose was any more than 2-3 weeks before myocarditis was diagnosed, it can be more or less disregarded as a cause, since the timeline wouldn't fit.

His Covid infection, however, fits perfectly into the timescale for it being the cause.

I have a B.Sc in pharmacology, and a M.Sc in neuropharmacology, with 4 published papers to my name. I don't claim to be a virologist, but I do have an understanding of how to read a paper in any biomedical science, and have a full grasp of statistical analysis. I'm perfectly capable of understanding the relative mechanisms of the myocarditis complication, the associated timelines for its appearance and resolution, and the underlying statistics of the incidence of the complication from either source.

Cases arising from a vaccine reaction are massively less common than those resulting from infection. Indeed, if Burge's last vaccine dose was any more than 2-3 weeks before myocarditis was diagnosed, it can be more or less disregarded as a cause, since the timeline wouldn't fit.

His Covid infection, however, fits perfectly into the timescale for it being the cause.
Good answer

Great answer 😉.

Another thread descending into primary school arguing.

I‘ve two observations here.

1. Calling people who choose not to get vaccinated cliched, brain dead names is not productive or fair.
They have doubts about letting people put a substance into their bodies that may in the long term cause harm.
There’s countless drugs that have been taken off the market because they’ve eventually proved to be dangerous.
Thalidomide is perhaps the best known example. That was supposed to be safe as well.
I’m vaccinated, but I still don’t trust that it won’t harm me long term.
Nobody seems able to answer the question as to how they’ve managed to develop, test and distribute over nine billion doses of vaccine in less than a couple of years, seemingly without affecting their production of all their existing products. That’s some feat. I genuinely would like to know the answer to this.

2. I’d bet my house that Grumpy Old Man is being entirely truthful about his qualifications.

Another thread descending into primary school arguing.

I‘ve two observations here.

1. Calling people who choose not to get vaccinated cliched, brain dead names is not productive or fair.
They have doubts about letting people put a substance into their bodies that may in the long term cause harm.
There’s countless drugs that have been taken off the market because they’ve eventually proved to be dangerous.
Thalidomide is perhaps the best known example. That was supposed to be safe as well.
I’m vaccinated, but I still don’t trust that it won’t harm me long term.
Nobody seems able to answer the question as to how they’ve managed to develop, test and distribute over nine billion doses of vaccine in less than a couple of years, seemingly without affecting their production of all their existing products. That’s some feat. I genuinely would like to know the answer to this.

2. I’d bet my house that Grumpy Old Man is being entirely truthful about his qualifications.

Drug testing is never 100% effective, same as computer programme testing. All you can do is try to cover as many bases as possible. Thalidomide is now seen as a classic example of deficiencies in legally required testing. At the time, teratogenic testing (checking for birth deformities) was only required to be performed on one mammalian species (in the case of thalidomide, rabbits). It turns out that rabbits and similar species do not exhibit teratogenic side effects with thalidomide, and it's more or less confined to primates. The testing requirements were subsequently changed to include a primate.

The sheer number of vaccinations given globally mean we can be pretty sure of what adverse reactions there are, and their incidence. Given that no vaccine to date has exhibited long-term effect (and the smallpox vaccine is over 200 years old), the the current ones would need to be unique for it to happen. Given mRNA technology is new, the possibility is there, but I'd be surprised if it was the case.

And the reason they could get the production up and running is that governments gave them huge amounts of money to make it happen.

Last edited:
It's obvious by now that the vaccine has extremely negative consequences for some people who take it, don't see the issue in pointing this out. I know at least one poster on here who has sadly died from it.

A number of posts have been deleted because of covid misinformation and inappropriate language.

Apologies if this has disrupted the flow of this thread.

We know vaccinations are a contentious subject for some, but can we please at least try to remain civil with one another.

Thank you.

Nick Barnes now reading out some medical statistics highlighting the unlikeliness of developing a condition following a vaccine as opposed to the chances of something similar occurring from the disease itself. Damage limitation. BBC have requested further comment re Johnson’s presser today from SAFC

Drug testing is never 100% effective, same as computer programme testing. All you can do is try to cover as many bases as possible. Thalidomide is now seen as a classic example of deficiencies in legally required testing. At the time, teratogenic testing (checking for birth deformities) was only required to be performed on one mammalian species (in the case of thalidomide, rabbits). It turns out that rabbits and similar species do not exhibit teratogenic side effects with thalidomide, and it's more or less confined to primates. The testing requirements were subsequently changed to include a primate.

The sheer number of vaccinations given globally mean we can be pretty sure of what adverse reactions there are, and their incidence. Given that no vaccine to date has exhibited long-term effect (and the smallpox vaccine is over 200 years old), the the current ones would need to be unique for it to happen. Given mRNA technology is new, the possibility is there, but I'd be surprised if it was the case.

And the reason they could get the production up and running is that governments gave them huge amounts of money to make it happen.
Thanks for the answer.
I understand the money behind it, it’s the logistics I don’t get. I’m guessing they took over large amounts of existing premises and set up production exceptionally quickly? Nine billion doses manufactured and administered in less than what, 18 months? That is mind boggling. It’s a pity governments couldn’t put the same amount of resources into research to cure cancer, MND, Alzheimer’s, MS, world hunger, etc…

Back