Lee Johnson Press Conference

You're supposed to just ignore it when people around you have bad reactions to the jab, otherwise you are anti vaxx.

Burge should be forced to have the 3rd and 4th injections despite his inflamed heart, and if he doesn't well then he's just ant vaxx too, and deserves every insult and every restriction coming his way.
In a nutshell

I'm not sure he was factual tbh. He was deliberating about the possible causes of footballers heart issues. He didn't need to do that. It's not his area of expertise.
And he said precisely that it wasn't his area of expertise but from what he knew it was weighted more in the likelihood of covid than the vaccine. I think if anything he spoke quite well about it.

Yours was an opinion too. But hey u can't see beyond yours. You can be in favour of something but opposed to accepting it just as much as being against something but understanding logic. Just because someone has a differing opinion the buzz words now are anti vax as if it's some sort of criminal intention. Anyway enjoy the match tomorrow.

And vice versa. End of story. X
My opinion is that scientific evidence is therefore a fact, when some evidence of the opposite is produced then I will take that as evidence as well ,but until then I will believe the proven science instead of some unhinged twat on the Internet

Yours was an opinion too. But hey u can't see beyond yours. You can be in favour of something but opposed to accepting it just as much as being against something but understanding logic. Just because someone has a differing opinion the buzz words now are anti vax as if it's some sort of criminal intention. Anyway enjoy the match tomorrow.

And vice versa. End of story. X
I think there's a fundamental difference to me having an opinion on a message board and the manager of sunderland having one on an issue like this. And I do think one side has created a movement from jumping on half facts and falsehoods, which is why i think he should be careful in what he says in this instance.

And he said precisely that it wasn't his area of expertise but from what he knew it was weighted more in the likelihood of covid than the vaccine. I think if anything he spoke quite well about it.
And that's fine. Personally I think he should have just said nothing.

I think there's a fundamental difference to me having an opinion on a message board and the manager of sunderland having one on an issue like this. And I do think one side has created a movement from jumping on half facts and falsehoods, which is why i think he should be careful in what he says in this instance.

And that's fine. Personally I think he should have just said nothing.
People acting like this are why we get twisted stories and stuff in the first place, if we could just take people for what they say we might get more honesty from managers instead of stage managed answers.

Lee Johnson has given his thoughts ahead of a tricky trip to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

The hosts’ boss Ian Evatt was complimentary in the week about Johnson’s side, and that is something the gaffer is keen to reciprocate towards an historic club.

“Bolton will be a tough test, and they’re a very good side,” the Head Coach said.

“The feeling is mutual and I believe Ian Evatt is a great manager with a good Bolton side. It is really interesting that Bolton have the highest amount of possession on average in home games this season which can cause us problems, but could also provide us with opportunities to use our pressing game.”

With Sunderland’s total first-team incomings standing at four so far in January, Johnson claimed he is very satisfied with the reinforcements the club has made – Trai Hume, Danny Batth, Patrick Roberts and Jack Clarke have all completed moves to Wearside this month – and said talks continue for any potential further business.

“I feel it’s been a very good transfer window so far with the players we have brought in.

“Every window that goes by, I believe we’re closer to reaching our philosophy with the squad we’re building, and of course some players have left to pursue other opportunities – with which we wish them all the best.

“Talks for potential incomings are continuing in the background, but we have no further immediate information on player arrivals.”

Johnson spoke unequivocally about the need to earn a long-awaited promotion back to the Championship for the supporters – over 5,000 travelling fans are expected to be in attendance for Saturday’s showdown at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“The people of Sunderland and the history of the families have built significantly from the workplace to the football on a weekend – it’s a really great place to be on a football front for its passion and its honesty.

“It’s also a very supportive part of the world and everyone wants you to do well. We absolutely want to earn promotion for the fans – that’s at the forefront of our minds and it’s why we work so hard every day. When you’re a kid in the park scoring a goal, you imagine there’s a crowd cheering you, and we’ve had the privilege of that for real.

“I’ve seen great managers and great people in the past care so much about the community and the people that make clubs what they are. People like Graham Taylor – a great man – and even my dad down at Yeovil when I played down there. You have to do it for the supporters.”

My opinion is that scientific evidence is therefore a fact, when some evidence of the opposite is produced then I will take that as evidence as well ,but until then I will believe the proven science instead of some unhinged twat on the Internet
And there we have the anger to try and get a point across.

The first thing Johnson said was ‘it could be the injection’. Really dumbHes
There's absolutely no controversy in what Johnson has said. He's right that there have been heart issues after vaccines but more after Covid, said absolutely nothing wrong.
Nothing controversial about saying covid vaccinations could cause heart conditions in young fit and healthy men? Without any evidence whatsoever that this is what happened to Lee Burge. At a time when medical experts who do have proven scientific evidence that tells us we all need the jab to eradicate covid.

Really? No story?

Poor from Bird, shows that Johnson is perhaps a little bit out of his depth too. His media communications skills are at the very best ‘questionable’. Hope he’s a bit more switched on when trying to get a message across to his players

People acting like this are why we get twisted stories and stuff in the first place, if we could just take people for what they say we might get more honesty from managers instead of stage managed answers.
Words are always going to be twisted in the press. Particularly when it comes to covid as there's always a possible story to be had.

I think there's probably justifiable conversation to be had about the issues sportsmen and women are having with their hearts recently. I just dont think Johnson needs to be part of it. Not when it comes to covid/vaccinss. Let the experts cover that and Johnson can tell us about how we're going to smash Bolton. That's just my view mate.

Nothing controversial about saying covid vaccinations could cause heart conditions in young fit and healthy men? Without any evidence whatsoever that this is what happened to Lee Burge. At a time when medical experts who do have proven scientific evidence that tells us we all need the jab to eradicate covid.

Really? No story?

Poor from Bird, shows that Johnson is perhaps a little bit out of his depth too. His media communications skills are at the very best ‘questionable’. Hope he’s a bit more switched on when trying to get a message across to his players
Nothing controversial at all, it's been proven that the vaccinations can have these types of effects. The more information somebody has to make a decision the better. He did also correctly state that it's statistically more likely to have been from Covid itself, thankfully he seems quite informed on the subject.

Btw Covid wouldn't be eradicated if we had 100% vaccination. We are at 90%+ of over 12s now had their first jabs I believe, and cases went higher than ever in the last ~6 weeks.

Lee Johnson has given his thoughts ahead of a tricky trip to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

The hosts’ boss Ian Evatt was complimentary in the week about Johnson’s side, and that is something the gaffer is keen to reciprocate towards an historic club.

“Bolton will be a tough test, and they’re a very good side,” the Head Coach said.

“The feeling is mutual and I believe Ian Evatt is a great manager with a good Bolton side. It is really interesting that Bolton have the highest amount of possession on average in home games this season which can cause us problems, but could also provide us with opportunities to use our pressing game.”

With Sunderland’s total first-team incomings standing at four so far in January, Johnson claimed he is very satisfied with the reinforcements the club has made – Trai Hume, Danny Batth, Patrick Roberts and Jack Clarke have all completed moves to Wearside this month – and said talks continue for any potential further business.

“I feel it’s been a very good transfer window so far with the players we have brought in.

“Every window that goes by, I believe we’re closer to reaching our philosophy with the squad we’re building, and of course some players have left to pursue other opportunities – with which we wish them all the best.

“Talks for potential incomings are continuing in the background, but we have no further immediate information on player arrivals.”

Johnson spoke unequivocally about the need to earn a long-awaited promotion back to the Championship for the supporters – over 5,000 travelling fans are expected to be in attendance for Saturday’s showdown at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“The people of Sunderland and the history of the families have built significantly from the workplace to the football on a weekend – it’s a really great place to be on a football front for its passion and its honesty.

“It’s also a very supportive part of the world and everyone wants you to do well. We absolutely want to earn promotion for the fans – that’s at the forefront of our minds and it’s why we work so hard every day. When you’re a kid in the park scoring a goal, you imagine there’s a crowd cheering you, and we’ve had the privilege of that for real.

“I’ve seen great managers and great people in the past care so much about the community and the people that make clubs what they are. People like Graham Taylor – a great man – and even my dad down at Yeovil when I played down there. You have to do it for the supporters.”
But but he answered a pricks question. Stating he wasnt a doctor like.

So above washed over.

it was a minging question he should have dodged, and Bird obviously baited him. However....

Imagine there IS a link and this starts a conversation about athletes being monitored better for this type of stuff, Then what will Bird write I wonder?

non story on the eve of a game for the second week in a row. Call me cynical but it smells of gravy this like

Back