Lee Johnson Press Conference

They've edited the headline to say "may have led to" now.

Still, they got their outrage clicks. W@nkers.
Lets be clear that, in some rare cases, people can have aignificant reactions to vaccines and this may have been the case for Lee Burge.
That's true, but it isn't what the headline previously said.

Last edited:
There's absolutely no controversy in what Johnson has said. He's right that there have been heart issues after vaccines but more after Covid, said absolutely nothing wrong.
People in his position need to be careful making such comments. There is a reasonably strong anti vax presence in this country (who in my experienceare conpletely cracked in the head) and comments from Johnson adds fire to their argument.

In burge's case I believe he has literally just had covid, a respiratory illness, so was there any justification for suggesting it could be vaccine related in this instance? I don't think so.

Sometimes he needs to learn when not to speak.

People in his position need to be careful making such comments. There is a reasonably strong anti vax presence in this country (who in my experienceare conpletely cracked in the head) and comments from Johnson adds fire to their argument.

In burge's case I believe he has literally just had covid, a respiratory illness, so was there any justification for suggesting it could be vaccine related in this instance? I don't think so.

So because you believe he literally had covid that's all fine and dandy eh. Not reet on the heed some people with THEIR opinions yet can't wait to get the pathetic anti vax mantra. 2 sides to each opinion doc

You can't go wrong just being factual, which Lee Johnson was. Not his fault some scumbag reporter twisted it.

So because you believe he literally had covid that's all fine and dandy eh. Not reet on the heed some people with THEIR opinions yet can't wait to get the pathetic anti vax mantra. 2 sides to each opinion doc
But it's not based on opinions is it??
It's based on scientific research and those outcomes are facts

Well it's not that i believe he had covid. He did have it.

My point is people in a position of responsibility need to be careful about linking vaccines to what is perceived to be an increase in heart issues. There's no evidence whatsoever to back up them being more of an issues to athletes hearts than the actual virus. The complete opposite in fact. Yet his comments will be twisted to support an anti vax narrative.

But it's not based on opinions is it??
It's based on scientific research and those outcomes are facts
Yours was an opinion too. But hey u can't see beyond yours. You can be in favour of something but opposed to accepting it just as much as being against something but understanding logic. Just because someone has a differing opinion the buzz words now are anti vax as if it's some sort of criminal intention. Anyway enjoy the match tomorrow.
Well it's not that i believe he had covid. He did have it.

My point is people in a position of responsibility need to be careful about linking vaccines to what is perceived to be an increase in heart issues. There's no evidence whatsoever to back up them being more of an issues to athletes hearts than the actual virus. The complete opposite in fact. Yet his comments will be twisted to support an anti vax narrative.
And vice versa. End of story. X

Of course but it needs to be spoken about. There is a lot of research coming suggesting COVID or the vaccine likewise can cause Myocarditis, same as why you should never train with a cold or virus. The doctors have likely suspected as much hence he talked about it. I'd love to see a comparison of data from the last couple of years, especially footballers, who have had issues vs the years prior.

I am not anti-vax in any way, I'm fully jabbed up, but it needs looking at and speaking about.
It is talked about all the time by scientists measuring the risk/reward of taking the vaccine, hence the astra jab not being given the people under 40 after finding the risk/reward didn't make sense for that age group.

Lets be clear that, in some rare cases, people can have aignificant reactions to vaccines and this may have been the case for Lee Burge.

The same complications are found in Covid infections too, and far more commonly than the vaccine reaction, and Burge has had it recently (that's why Patterson was recalled from his loan). It's hard to be definitive without knowing the exact dates of his vaccinations, but the balance of probabilities is his myocarditis is a result of viral infection.

Yours was an opinion too. But hey u can't see beyond yours. You can be in favour of something but opposed to accepting it just as much as being against something but understanding logic. Just because someone has a differing opinion the buzz words now are anti vax as if it's some sort of criminal intention. Anyway enjoy the match tomorrow.

And vice versa. End of story. X
In what way is anything he said "vice versa"

Back