Leaving a light on when you go out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Them 0898 numbers advertised in the back of the Sun were too tempting like!

I remember when i was a kid we used to tell our mates to phone us when u get home see if were coming out my numbers 0800 28 29 30, wonder what their mothers thought when that showed up on the monthly statement

Used to live in fear of burglars back in the sunderland of the Mid 1980's,i think it was an arrational fear fuelled by The Echo court reports and rumours.

Burglars are getting very clever these days.

Last night my wife woke me up - "Darling! Darling! There's a burglar downstairs!"

So I go down, check every room and didn't find anyone.

Then I realised I don't have wife, and when I went back upstairs, my bed and TV were gone.

I'm starting to think you're full of shit.

Nah but covering the display on the VCR does

:lol:
i remember putting sellotape over the snap off thing so we could re-record over the tapes

Did that anarl :lol:
I remember walking around Gateshead college with a full Kenwood car cd/radio... reet pain in the arse.
Godsend when they changed it to just the front panel

ffs :lol:
It works if you use lamps which are running off timers that switch them on and off at preset intervals.

Do they not just think you've got lamps running off timers?

Last edited:
Used to live with me ganny a lot when I was young .She would leave the light on with the wireless if they went out on a night,she would also shout “TARA!!” Back into the house as she was shutting the door .To make on someone was in the house :lol:
We used to do that with the addition of putting on Radio 2......loudly.

We used to do that with the addition of putting on Radio 2......loudly.
Eye theirs was loud like ,if you knocked on and there was no answer we would go to the living room window and if the wireless was bleezing you knew she was out and not on the lavy or owt.

Eye theirs was loud like ,if you knocked on and there was no answer we would go to the living room window and if the wireless was bleezing you knew she was out and not on the lavy or owt.
You could always tell the house was empty as the radio was on too loudly. Never listened to it otherwise. 😀

Anyone still remove the car radio and take it with them?
I had a car broke into to and I’m guessing it was to pinch a stereo with a front you could take off, which I had.
They broke the window and caused more damage than the radio was worth so I now don’t lock the car most of the time.
Used to live in fear of burglars back in the sunderland of the Mid 1980's,i think it was an arrational fear fuelled by The Echo court reports and rumours.
Car crime was real at that time though
90s. Why did people do it?
Because they cost a couple of months wages and there wasn’t many around. It was a very sort after prize

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back